Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I seem to have a problem with a 70 fast back I recently purchased. It has a 351W and a C6. It came with the wrong pitch fan and no shroud. I purchased the correct items from NPD, but the fan bottoms out on the shroud. I put 1" spacers between the block and the rubber mount and this solved the problem. I installed new rubber mounts thinking they may have been weak, but I still have to have the spacers to keep the fan from hitting. Any ideas on what may be the problem?. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Fan fitment problem

My first post since joining today. I realize you probably already have the problem solved as this is an old post, however maybe this will bump and solve someone else's problem.

I ordered an aftermarket radiator that stated correct replacement, but found out that the bottom tank of the radiator was taller than the original, causing the shroud and hose to be moved up. The fan hit was hitting both on the bottom. I ended up drilling (eeeck) drilling new holes for the radiator to mount lower, correcting the problem of the hose, but am running with no fan right now. I will go pony up the extra dough and get an original sometime in the future.

If you replaced it the radiator with a correct unit, it could solve the prob.

65 Poppy Convert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.