Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the 351 windsor fit in a 2000 mustang?!?!?! and would you be able to use the 4.6 fuel injection and electronics?!?!?! and will the T-5 tranny work with the 351???

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes it will fit but things will change. I believe you can still use your fuel injection etc but you will need a new computer I am sure of. t-5 will work but your bell housing will not, you will need to buy a bell housing for a 351. I did a 351 swap in my fox and it was a absolute pain in the tail! Everything fits so tight. 2000 may be easier than a foxie...:scratchchin

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would guess a junk yard would be your best bet. I really am unsure but I hope someone here could answer that question. My car is carbed so I do not use a computer :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
547 Posts
u wont only need a computer, but youl need a new k-member, and possibly a new hood because the 351 is alot taller than the 4.6. new fuel rails, new exhaust, completely new air intake design, all in all, this swap really isnt cost effective. if you have the money however, there is alot more power to be made with a 351.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Like coop said, it will be very expensive to make a 351 work in a 2000. Basically nothing that connects to the engine will work, cooling system, electronics, mounts, exhaust, intake, wiring, etc. The deck height is taller, so the hood will have to be replaced with a cowl hood. As a project, it would be a lot of fun to do, and the power potential is virtually unlimited, but its not a very practical project, and it would have to be done by someone with a lot of experience in swaps. No offense intended here, but this is one of those deals where if you have to ask if it will work, you're in over your head. Pretty much any engine can be put in any car, but it isn't necessarily worth it. You COULD put a 426 hemi in your mustang, but it'd be one hell of a job to do. I once helped a friend put a 454 with a 671 blower into a datsun 280, it was absolutely sick, but it took a very long time to do, and in the end, the car TERRIFIED anyone with the balls to try driving it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yeah for the record it has taken us 10 months to finish building my car with the 351 in it and still not really done. It was a absolute beast getting anything to fit. I could not even dream of putting a big block in there :happyhapp

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have the exact project goin for my 2000 but i dont have the time or patience to deal with the comp. crap so im goin carb. and im building my 351 from the ground up. so best of luck but if you run into any problems let me know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.