Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just picked
up a '71 mach1 with a frozen 351 cleveland. I'm pretty sure i'm going to dump a turn-key crate engine(ford motorsports) from summit racing in it, but I need to be sure the 351 windsor will fit. i am totally new to the ford game, and have spent my life driving chev trucks, my coronet, belvedere, and bel air, so treat me as ignorant as you'd like. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!!! motor mounts the same? mounting bolts to trans the same? windsor better than cleveland? should i use another cleveland? How about PAW, I've never used 'em? Please assume the old engine is a boat anchor.
I'm pulling the old engine out tomorrow and prepping for the transplant immediately. thanks for the advice, please email me at [email protected] or post if you'd like. ART

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Your model (71 to 73) came with 351C motors and with 351W motors, so you can get all the right parts as far as motor mounts, etc, from any of the Mustang supplier catalogs like NPD, Mustangs Plus, Mustangs Unlimited, etc.

The 351C has the small-block bolt housing same as the 351W so bolting the tranny up should be a snap.

You will need headers or exhaust manifolds for the Windsor motor though because the ones on the Cleveland don't bolt up.

As to which engine is better, 351C vs 351W, we just had a big argument (I mean "discussion") about that last week, here is a thread you can read about it:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45317

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.