Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a 1966 Fastback Mustang that I got from my dad. in the 80's dad took the 289 that was in the car out and dropped a 351 Windsor into the car. its a VERY tight fit. in the late 80's he tried to put a set of headers on it but they simply would not fit. Fast forward til now and I'd love to put a set of headers on this car. Is there anyway to get a set on it and make it work? Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You may have to put a set of fender well headers in it, or short huggers like they use in street rods, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
266 Posts
There are companies that make headers specifically for the 64-66 289 to 351 engine swap. Try these links-
Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories
Mustangs Plus :: Exhaust :: Hedman Headers :: 1965-73 351W Conversion Hedman Long Tube Headers
Hedman Hedders 88660 - Hedman Specialty & Engine Swap Hedders – SummitRacing.com
Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

There's quite a few out there.
Just make sure that when you order headers you ask about the fit with power steering and manual transmissions. Some headers will not work if your car has these.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have you tried Shorty headers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts