Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just picked up a 351w roller block out of a 1996 f250. im tearing it down now and building it for my 95 mustang gt. im thinking twisted wedge trick flow 185cc heads forged pistons and rods and 383 stroker. im kinda stuck on cams, my goal is 600rwh, im thinking along the lines of around .552 lift with about .335 duration? am i thinking right? should i go bigger? i want it to have a very aggresive lope. lunati or comp cams? any other brand? thanks

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
either company is good, you'll need to go alot bigger: like 600 lift, I'd call comp and tell them what you are doing and let them help you...
BTW no one makes long tube headers for that swap, you'll need custom... also I'm not sure that block can handle 600+hp, for that you really should get a Dart or other aftermaket block

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I know Accufab has some and I know Kooks has some also. Call them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
so those headers won't fit a 351 SN95 swap? why won't the shorter ones work?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Try calling Kooks and Accufab and get it straight from the horse's mouth.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i saw kooks makes some, worse case senerio ill just fab some up. not worried about the headers so much. but im just worried most about snapping valves if i go too much lift and duration .600 wont be to much?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
ooo didnt realize he was one of those oddballs that drive those sn95's:smartass:
yes i see now its in the title..see how much i pay attention?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey dont be hatin:gringreen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts