Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so a buddy of mine has a bronco with a rotted body but it as a built 351 in it forged pistons bored cammed it has only about 6000 miles on it now the truck sitiing there rooting away his dad said 2000 for the motor i heard it run the cam sounds huge it soungs grat and sounds strong.what do you guys think? also i was reading about thew swap i want to run fuel injection so i was going to do the f250 lower intake with my 5.0 upper i read to use 24lb injectors but i need to no is it hard to do and is it worth it also the hermoinitc balancer and flywheel wight and **** confuse me and will the foxbody converson kit workk for me also if u guys no web sites that have all the parts i need to do the swap. plese will greatly apprecite the help thanks

·
Banned
96 Posts
f250 lower intake with my 5.0 upper i
I'm not sure that will work.... At least I've never seen it happen... even though it is always recommended on the boards....

24's should be considered a minimum.
What heads does it have?

Honestly, I would plan on swapping the cam. There is the possibility that the firing order of the cam will not match that of the ecu/injector firing order.

$2k seems rich for a USED engine... does he have a parts list and other documentation from the assembling shop?

Here is a write-up I did....
http://seattleblueovals.com/index.php?topic=21.0
(nevermind the header if you are using IE7 or older.....)

jason

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i may have to change the cam heads i think there stock ill ask tomarrow he doesnt have papers but i beleave him he use to be in to cars back he the day he has a built429 suppercobra jet sitting in his garge the 1970 ford turing in his barn rotting away a trans am rotting away too a 350 chevey motor in his drive way so he he not bull shiting me lol whats the chances ill have to change tha cam and thats a nice right upp im puttin in my favs

I'm not sure that will work.... At least I've never seen it happen... even though it is always recommended on the boards....

24's should be considered a minimum.
What heads does it have?

Honestly, I would plan on swapping the cam. There is the possibility that the firing order of the cam will not match that of the ecu/injector firing order.

$2k seems rich for a USED engine... does he have a parts list and other documentation from the assembling shop?

Here is a write-up I did....
http://seattleblueovals.com/index.php?topic=21.0
(nevermind the header if you are using IE7 or older.....)

jason

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
2000$ for a 351 out of a bronco with possibly the stock heads?

thats way too much.

first find out exactly what is done to it, what year the motor is, etc. etc.

please dont pay 2k for that motor.

R

·
0 Posts
2000$ for a 351 out of a bronco with possibly the stock heads?

thats way too much.

first find out exactly what is done to it, what year the motor is, etc. etc.

please dont pay 2k for that motor.

Ditto.........:nono:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ditto.........:nono:
thanks guys theres a cople 351s on ebay for like 500 to 1000 stock the motoe is in a older bronco like 1985 it is stock heads it whats the main reason why its not worth it.so you guys think i should buy a stock fuel injeted one from a later bronco or f-250 thats the way to go

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The stock heads are the problem. They're restrictive and aren't worth the trouble.

Don't go with the 250 lower, it's restrictive too. You'll need a proper EFI intake for the 351. You can get a Ford Racing lower and then put a Cobra or GT40 upper on it, you can also get a 351 EFI from Edelbrock.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock heads are the problem. They're restrictive and aren't worth the trouble.

Don't go with the 250 lower, it's restrictive too. You'll need a proper EFI intake for the 351. You can get a Ford Racing lower and then put a Cobra or GT40 upper on it, you can also get a 351 EFI from Edelbrock.
thankss so if i do it add a intake to the parts list too also i no another person with a 351 its in a ltd wangon its like a in the 70s

·
Registered
66 Posts
The firing order will be the same. The difference between the 302 and 351w ballancer and flyweels weights are 302= 50 ounce and 351= 28 ounce. But I also agree that the price is too steep. Your better off getting a stock one then going from there. I mean, Im selling three right now for $100 a peice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The firing order will be the same. The difference between the 302 and 351w ballancer and flyweels weights are 302= 50 ounce and 351= 28 ounce. But I also agree that the price is too steep. Your better off getting a stock one then going from there. I mean, Im selling three right now for $100 a peice.
ya im not going to buy that one im going to get another.do they have a roller cam or no if not is hard to convert to rollar.does ur motors run or are they just blocks i found alot of them for 500-800 bucks all with 80k to 150k miles from f250s so im probuly goin to get one of those but is there anyting i should look for on the motors.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i could be wrong, but i think 92' and up were rollers. somebody might correct me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.