Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 t-5 rearend would be like 2.83-3.73 motor is in need of a cam and lifters. It has stock heads. And a Performer intake. A 600 cc vac sec. And 4 years of college life ahead. I want something thats a little better than stock and doesn't hurt mpg. I was looking at this. Any good? I have no idea how to pick out a camshaft!! COMP Cams CL35-238-3 - COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Cam and Lifter Kits

I am not Brand pregedist I believe in summit parts. Any ideas would be great since I have no thought on to even start picking a cam. The motor is less than 10k from last rebuild and heads were rebuilt. I dont know what the

·
Registered
552 Posts
yea

itll be a good cam, but why put it on?

you have stock intake, stock heads, and an almost stock carb.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The idea was to keep it close to stock so in the next 4 years I wont destroy me newely rebuilt t5. I was lookin for a step up from stock. I will eventually change the heads. The motor was rebuilt not to long ago. But I dont know anything about it. I dont even know if its a stock cam thats why we want to change it

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It's not necessarily bad but you just won't get all of the potential with stock heads.
That wouldn't be a bad cam, it's definitely better than the stocker and wouldn't be too much for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.