Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to pull my C90e heads to get threaded rocker studs put in because the stock ones started letting go. Reinstalled the heads and put the engine back together but now the engine turns over and doesn't run. I've confirmed the firing order and wiring is correct and I never moved the distributer through the process. I pulled the spark plug on cylinder #1 and just a brief run through revealed no compression so I'm thinking the valves aren't set right. The rocker arms are Comp Cams self adjusting retrofits and are put down with Comp Cam polylocks. All the material I consulted said they were self adjusting and just torque to factory specs. I never turned over the cam till the engine was put back together so it made sense to me. Do I have to follow the three step 0 lash setup on them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

L

·
0 Posts
Since I don't have pics to compare too, I'm just going to say it sounds like the valves are not closing cause the rockers are adjusted down to far. Do you have compression on any cylinders? Bruce

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do more testing tomorrow. Just trying to get an idea of where to go next. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it running great now. set #1 cylinder to TDC, set 0 lash and preloaded half turn each valve and then moved onto the next cylinder in the firing order till they were all reset. thanks again for the reply

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
got it running great now. set #1 cylinder to TDC, set 0 lash and preloaded half turn each valve and then moved onto the next cylinder in the firing order till they were all reset. thanks again for the reply
Yep! a classic issue with a classic fix.
Happy Motoring!

L

·
0 Posts
EXCELLENT!! Now how about some burn out pics? hehehehe Bruce:kooky:

L

·
0 Posts
Looks good. Oh how I live that 351W. Every time I see one it makes my heart skip a beat. Brings back memories from high school many many years ago. Have fun and keep on truck-n!! Bruce

1 - 9 of 9 Posts