Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am looking at puting a new tranny in my 92 5.0 this winter. I know what your all thinking "can't put a 3650 with a 5.0", but before you flame me just keep reading first. I talked to Red Roberts at McLeod Industries about a week ago, and he personally told me that they were going to be offering complete kit to make the Tremec 3650 work the the 5.0 and will have it available for sale within 3 months.

So with that being said, I am looking at a Tremec 3650 out of an '03 Bullitt. I have heard some very bad stuff about the 3650's from 99-02 breaking like crazy and grinding and not being any better than the T-45, but I havn't heard so much about the 03-04 3650's. Would I be wise to go this route, or would it just be better to get a 3550.

Any input would be great. Dan

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is the guy you need to talk to. He is very knowledgable about trans issues and will give you an honest answer. I have had three transmissions rebuilt by him and would not hesitate to use him again. His web address is http://www.hanlonmotorsports.com/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info otherstang, I'll see what he says.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I see you are from Winchester. I was down there a couple fo years ago at Summit Point. Nice track! Keep me informed about what you learn. I installed a pretty hot engine in my car and I don't think the t5 will live long behind it. PM and keep me informed. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.