Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the saying "If it looks too good to be true it probably is" but i subscribe to Groupon and they are offering a half off 2 door auto Window tinting...

The shop is in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, and i hoping that some people from southwest Ontario, or even Detroit area have heard of this place and perhaps give me a go or no go.

The business is Shine Master. The website is pretty basic, but its an auto shop not an online store. They claim they are good, but who doesn't, and they also claim to have been tinting cars for 18 years.

I have been toying with the idea of tinting my black mustang since i got it in Feb, but everywhere is around 200$ and I don't really NEED it, but this kinda sparked my interest.

Has anyone from this area heard of them, used them, or know anyone who has used them that can add some words to this?

I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Never heard of them but I've heard of too many people getting burned by Groupon deals, especially non food ones. So I'd def not give my pony to a company like that :p

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough, i would actually feel BETTER if it was more expensive haha i just didnt want to have to take it back to a dealership and pay 250$ for it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
that sounds pretty sketchy....I got mine done by a local guy for $160 and that was the cheapest around.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
It's probably a bait and switch. Look up the place on the local BBB website (free) and see if there are any existing complaints.

And even if it's not, I have a feeling a $39 tint would look about as good as that $4.99 extra large pizza special tastes from your local pizza place that no one ever orders from more than once.

Around here it used to be Stopwatch Pizza, LOL. It was fast. It was cheap. But even my dog wouldn't eat it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You could always source the tint and install it yourself. I did mine and it really came out well... you just need the right tools and a lot of patience... and extra tint for when you screw up the back windshield on the first try ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
You could always source the tint and install it yourself. I did mine and it really came out well... you just need the right tools and a lot of patience... and extra tint for when you screw up the back windshield on the first try ;)
noooooooo dont do it, trying to tint the back windshield when you arent a pro is not worth the time or frustration

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I got all 5 windows tinted for 80 dollars and it looks great. Tint itself isnt to expensive... a good job COULD be done for 39 dollars if they were relay slow on business and they used quality tint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts