Ford Mustang Forum banner

390 Block Identification

2001 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  rfield
I've been looking around trying to see if there's any information available to help me identify my block and haven't had much luck. My heads are fine 68' 390 GT but the block is odd. It has the following located between the casted screw heads.


These are the only markings located under the Oil Filter. The only other item is that the block also has ribbed sides. My best guess is a service block or something out of a truck?

Would anyone have any idea what it my be?


Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
I found a truck forum with some info for you if you can't get any in the classic section.I have little personal experience with old ford iron but this may be what you need.
ribbed 360/390 blocks - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Hope this helps:bigthumbsup
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
Not open for further replies.