Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Just got the motor in and man does she sound AWESOME!!! WOW!! is all I can say. One problem though, After a few minutes at idle the temp creeps up to around 200-210. I shut it off and wait for the electric fan to cool it down. What is the problem???

Here's what I've got: Aluminum radiator with an electric fan, new high volume aluminum water pump, no shroud and running a serpentine belt system. Motor is a brand new 393w stroker with aluminum heads so I don't want it to get too hot.

What am I missing????? :headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::scratchchin

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I pulled it out thinking that was the problem but it wasn't. I left it out and tried running it again. Same thing. Kept slowly getting hotter. Not sure if it is the pump or vapor lock or what??? Thanks

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, It has great oil pressure (around 40-60 at start then at 800rpms around 20-30 after warmed up). I also left the valve covers off at first to make sure the oil was flowing through the lifters and yep didn't take long to figure that it was. :bigthumbsup
How can I check to make sure that the pump is going in the right direction? ALso, how can I check for air pockets???

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I built the motor. I had all the machine work done then I assembled it in my garage. A lot of time and money put into it. I am figuring around 450-500hp. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.