Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
It's not my favorite ducktail (for my car), but it definitely compliments the 'vert very well. Must say I like the look... very clean. I like that one better than some other ducktails I've seen on 'verts & better than the factory spoiler. Looks sweet!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
eyelleye said:
It's not my favorite ducktail (for my car), but it definitely compliments the 'vert very well. Must say I like the look... very clean. I like that one better than some other ducktails I've seen on 'verts & better than the factory spoiler. Looks sweet!
Ditto

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like it makes the car look even classier than stock I give you
two thumbs up and some :drool:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love it. I have some questions for you though, 2k5GTC.

1st--How much did it cost?
2nd--Did you get it already painted to match your car?
3rd--Where did you get it from?

I have been contemplating getting something like this for my vert; but I do like the look of it without anything back there. You may have swayed my mind more toward going ahead with it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not a big fan. For them to call it a duck bill is like calling a wing a spoiler. But, it's your car and if you're happy, good on ya. In the pics it looks like they matched the paint well.

·
Registered
418 Posts
redbullet said:
Not a big fan. For them to call it a duck bill is like calling a wing a spoiler. But, it's your car and if you're happy, good on ya. In the pics it looks like they matched the paint well.
????
It's not called a duck bill, it's called a duck tail since it curls up like the tail of a duck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Boglin said:
????
It's not called a duck bill, it's called a duck tail since it curls up like the tail of a duck.
Duck bill, duck tail, WTFE..... It's his car and he's happy with it. If we all looked the same, we'd live in China and wear green suits:handball:

·
Registered
418 Posts
redbullet said:
Duck bill, duck tail, WTFE..... It's his car and he's happy with it. If we all looked the same, we'd live in China and wear green suits:handball:
ummmmm okay:confused:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I love it. I have some questions for you though, 2k5GTC.

1st--How much did it cost?
2nd--Did you get it already painted to match your car?
3rd--Where did you get it from?

I have been contemplating getting something like this for my vert; but I do like the look of it without anything back there. You may have swayed my mind more toward going ahead with it.
Hey KW.
Well, it wasn't cheap. $299.00 from LM Performance. Not much more than the CDC or other "traditional" ducktails. Paint was an additional $195.00 at my local body shop.
I like the fact it has a more modern look than the pure retro of the CDC type. Kinda goes with the retro/modern look of the entire car. Over all I am pleased with it. Anything is better than the Ford factory spoiler IMHO. It also covers the factory holes for those that have the factory spoiler. I ordered the car without the factory spoiler, but so many people commented that, although they liked the clean look, it also looked like something was missing. Hmmm. I had to agree. :wavey

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fred-fred said:
I like it makes the car look even classier than stock I give you
two thumbs up and some :drool:
Thanks, I think so too. Oh, and wipe up that drool would ya! :wavey

·
Registered
559 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Well I finally got the thing installed. What ya think? :wavey
Dear 2K5GTC:

I'm also thinking about replacing my factory spoiler for this one and I'm glad to see it in your car...

Looks good, real good!!!

D :tongue :tongue

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I say duck bill since it actually doesnt really curl like a SSE or CDC "ducktail"

hehe i gotta be the wise n heimer. if thats even how you spell it

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice choice mate I like it. As someone else mentioned it seems to compliment a vert very well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
2k5GTC said:
...Hey KW.
Well, it wasn't cheap. $299.00 from LM Performance. Not much more than the CDC or other "traditional" ducktails. Paint was an additional $195.00 at my local body shop.
I like the fact it has a more modern look than the pure retro of the CDC type. Kinda goes with the retro/modern look of the entire car. Over all I am pleased with it. Anything is better than the Ford factory spoiler IMHO...
I fully agree. I think I'll have to put this on the list of future mods for next year and run it by my accountant (read: wife)! How hard to install?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I fully agree. I think I'll have to put this on the list of future mods for next year and run it by my accountant (read: wife)! How hard to install?
:laughlitt I know exactly what you mean! I have a loooooooong list for Santa! :wavey

·
Registered
599 Posts
2k5gtc--Did your spoiler fit exactly?......because mine does not.......the two pieces for the sides are perfect, but the center flares in the center. My local body shop, that painted it, doesnt want anything to do with being responsible for mounting it. They say they cant guarantee "that it wont fly off at highway speed". This being the case they charged nothing for the paint-job. Now I am skepitcal about bending this bad boy down and the double sided 3-m tape holding it down.:sosad:

·
Registered
165 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Well I finally got the thing installed. What ya think? :wavey
Nice looking ducktail!! Hey I gotta question?? Do you keep the Bra on all the time?? Coz I got the exact one but little rocks would get stuck in between and potentially f- up the paint..... Just wondering...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
hogpowr said:
2k5gtc--Did your spoiler fit exactly?......because mine does not.......the two pieces for the sides are perfect, but the center flares in the center. My local body shop, that painted it, doesnt want anything to do with being responsible for mounting it. They say they cant guarantee "that it wont fly off at highway speed". This being the case they charged nothing for the paint-job. Now I am skepitcal about bending this bad boy down and the double sided 3-m tape holding it down.:sosad:
I noticed when I test fit it prior to paint that the center section was bowed a bit. I set the part out in the hot Texas sun for about 30 min, then redid the test fit. The sun softened it up enough to reshape it to conform to the deck lid perfectly... So, off to the paint shop it went. :) I followed the installation instructions almost to the letter. I had to find more 3M Adhesion promoter due to the fact all the packages that came with the spoiler were dried up. You HAVE TO USE THE PROMOTER, or the tape WILL NOT stick to the spoiler. (HINT: Add an extra 2 inches of "tail" to the tape by trimming off the tape but leaving the red plastic exposed to ease install) After cleaning the cars paint with de-waxer and a wipe of laquer thinner (I DID NOT use the adhesion promoter on my babys paint!) the spoiler was almost ready to install. Again, I laid it gently out in the sun for another 30 minutes to soften it up. With my baby in the (relatively speaking) cool garage, starting at the lip of the trunk I lined it up, pulled the red plastic off the tape and stuck it down. I then made sure the two side edges lined up with the side of the lid and stuck them down, followed by the back edge of the spoiler.
That thing is stuck for good! I have tried to pull it off (after 24 hours of tape cure time), and it won't budge. I really don't think a little wind turbulance on the highway will knock it off! :happyhapp Sorry for the novel, but I had nothing else to do this morning. :laughlitt :wavey

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LeonSORTX said:
Nice looking ducktail!! Hey I gotta question?? Do you keep the Bra on all the time?? Coz I got the exact one but little rocks would get stuck in between and potentially f- up the paint..... Just wondering...
To tell ya the truth, I have had the bra for 3 months now, and it has only been on the car for the last week. I put it on just to see if I could remember how it went on. I'll tell ya, Ford sure made it tough to install that thing! Since I California Duster my baby twice a day, including under the bra, I am not too concerned about damage. Besides, as hard as it is to install the thing, I think I will leave it on till the next wash this weekend. :) :wavey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts