Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys this is driving me insane...so I need some outside opinions on this. My dilema is I cannot for the life of me figure out which visual mod to go with between the two. I have gone back and forth between the two and I still am getting no where. So what I am looking to do is get a more aggresive front end. The front air dam is a great looking piece, but it is way more expensive, yet it is unique and you still get to keep that v6 look. The GT front bumper is hundreds cheaper but is so over done, yet it is still (in my opinion) the most aggresive look for the money. BTW, I do not have a pony grill and if the GT wins out no fog lights either. Want to get the CDC replacement grill. Opinions please!

On a side note does anyone remember the guy in here who had the GT converted to look like Pony Package v6. He had write up on how he put the pony package grill in the GT front bumper. I would so love to do that. I don't like the GT fogs, but the pony grill with the GT bumper is really good looking.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply stlwagon. That Razzi looks great too. Man, decsions, decsions!

·
Registered
22 Posts
currently i've got in the plans the 3d carbon front air dam...it just looks great to me and definitely sets it apart from a gt. you'll spend more money, but in the end get a unique look and still can claim it as a V6 front end :gringreen
in the end though you gotta do what you really want, money issues aside...just save up a little longer (i know i'm saving for quite some time). good luck with your decision

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the 3D Carbon air dam put on about a week ago and I am very happy with it. I did not want to replace the bumper with a GT due to my pony package grill. The 3D Carbon air dam takes the rounded look out of the V-6 front bumper and makes it look much beafier in my opinion. I will try to post a few pics later on. The performance body shop that painted it and installed it for me also had nothing but good things to say about it and they see a lot of mustangs with aftermarket parts. I was originally torn between the 3D Carbon and the CDC spoiler which a lot of people seem to have on their V-6s. I did not care for the way the CDC spoiler attached beneath the rounded portion of the front bumper (unlike the GT version). The 3D Carbon attaches even with (and is molded to) the lower grill on the V-6 bumper. It fills the bumper in nicely! You will not be disappointed in the 3D Carbon if you decide to get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm with you Jhef30 about the CDC. Also I figured not as many people have the 3d Carbon, from what I've seen so it's a win/win where you can keep the pp grille and get a unique look.:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.