Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first time i emptied it i didnt record the miles, so this time, after 7,500 miles, the first pic is what i dumped out of it. the 2nd pic is how much since i installed it ( i can only guess around 3-4,000 miles the first time) and the 3rd pic is my $30 ebay oil catch can installed on the mighty 4.0.

i wish i would have made this the very first thing i did when i got the car, but no one was talking about them back then. this is the nastiest oil you`ll ever see that you are pumping into your intake to go through your valves and be burned in your cylinders. i`m gonna get one for the g/f`d stock 06. removing this crud has got to be a good idea :winks

special historical note: the glass being used here is from the playboy club in detroit mich. it was closed down i think in the 60`s. my buddys dad was a bartender there :D

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow, great results! I definitely need to get out and put mine together. It's just been so hot the past month or so (Yesterday and the day before were 110 degrees!)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Wow that's ugly! I need to get one of those

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, great results! I definitely need to get out and put mine together. It's just been so hot the past month or so (Yesterday and the day before were 110 degrees!)
man, here too. heat warnings and stuff. over 100 today, but i cut a lawn this morning and installed rear shocks before it got super hot. now i`m chillin mostly indoors. be safe in the heat :)
What kind of oil do you use ? I would sell the glass rather than store oil in it.
i use amalie pro high performance 5w30 synth-blend. good stuff. the oil that collects has been run through the engine and reduced to vapors, then it gets pumped into your intake to be burned.

i had a entire set of those glasses, but the box got dropped one time moving, now i only have a couple left. it was just handy to grab to use for my can test. never though of trying to sell one :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yikes! I think I'm gonna invest in a catch can after that. Just don't accidentally drink that :gringreen

113 up here yesterday! I knew that black leather was gonna be a bad idea.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ugghh. Guess I'm gonna do a catch can.

Detroit Playboy Club? That explains the herpes I see crawling on the side of the glass. :bigthumbsup

R

·
0 Posts
Got a link for the ebay ad? Did the auction come with everything you need, or did you need to get those hoses and the mount and such yourself?

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
man, here too. heat warnings and stuff. over 100 today, but i cut a lawn this morning and installed rear shocks before it got super hot. now i`m chillin mostly indoors. be safe in the heat :)

i use amalie pro high performance 5w30 synth-blend. good stuff. the oil that collects has been run through the engine and reduced to vapors, then it gets pumped into your intake to be burned.

i had a entire set of those glasses, but the box got dropped one time moving, now i only have a couple left. it was just handy to grab to use for my can test. never though of trying to sell one :)
I would suggest using Amsoil to cut down on the vaporizing but I know you're an Amalie guy. I had good luck with Amsoil in my 4.6 and will put in the 5.0 at 5k.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a link for the ebay ad? Did the auction come with everything you need, or did you need to get those hoses and the mount and such yourself?
of course its not that easy, but just need to get some hose and ya, maybe make a bracket. heres the install i did
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...v6-oil-catch-can-install-write-up-w-pics.html
that link doesnt work any more, but heres the place and can i got only it said mustang when i got it
oil can fastwayracer
heres another one but $6 more
7-10-11 oil can

thereaper, ya theres no way i would change my oil. i think my results are gonna be the same with any oil. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts