Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 4.0 V6 Throttle Body Spacer out there? If I find other Cars with the ford 4.0L engine out there, will it be the same item? Like If I'm not mistaken, the 2006 ford ranger has a 4.0L engine also. So if they have one for The ranger will it work on my car? Please point me in the right direction

:worship :worship V6 Mustang god, please help:worship :worship

Mark F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Look at other throttle body spacer and throttle body threads. They're about as useful as ............well....................Blue LED interior lighting. :laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,106 Posts
thump_rrr said:
Look at other throttle body spacer and throttle body threads. They're about as useful as ............well....................Blue LED interior lighting. :laughlitt
Hey now! Those might be useless, but what about the big, red R and yellow spark plug wires? I heard racing stripes, when combined with chrome fittings/braided hoses in the engine compartment, can increase hp up to 50%!

Next mod, a stroked Wankel! But will it fit my "Mr. Reactor" flux capacitor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
JetBlack said:
Hey now! Those might be useless, but what about the big, red R and yellow spark plug wires? I heard racing stripes, when combined with chrome fittings/braided hoses in the engine compartment, can increase hp up to 50%!

Next mod, a stroked Wankel! But will it fit my "Mr. Reactor" flux capacitor?
Yeah, I didn't want to mention the wankel. I thought those were still classified?
You forgot the altezza tail lights though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
robotguy said:
Are there any 4.0 V6 Throttle Body Spacer out there? If I find other Cars with the ford 4.0L engine out there, will it be the same item? Like If I'm not mistaken, the 2006 ford ranger has a 4.0L engine also. So if they have one for The ranger will it work on my car? Please point me in the right direction

:worship :worship V6 Mustang god, please help:worship :worship

Mark F
Check out v6mustangstuff.com just checked myself and looks like they should be selling a mmr version around the 1/15/06 for like $60! 6hp gain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
For anyone interested...I was getting a hankerin' for more power and saw the Motorvator Throttle Body Spacer was available.

I e-mailed RPM Outlet yesterday:

I saw this product (Part #MOV5233) on your '05 Mustang V6 page and have a couple of questions: I already have a Steeda Cold Air Intake installed but am (of course) still wanting more HP...will the install for this unit still be possible even with the CAI? Also, are there any issues that you know of about using a CAI and the Motorvator together?

I got a response today:

Hi, I pesonally would look into something else other than these spacers, really all there good for are some mileage gains.thanks for your e-mail.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Hoodlum said:
Check out v6mustangstuff.com just checked myself and looks like they should be selling a mmr version around the 1/15/06 for like $60! 6hp gain.
You never want to believe horsepower claims made by a manufacturer or retailer without independent verification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Kenne Bell's web site shows their dyno results from a couple different throttle body spacers.

ZERO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
I've never heard anything good about them with our cars. Lots of money and no good/hard data=junk!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top