Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know 4.10 gears dont add any HP but how much should it take off my et time on avg? i dont want a specific # like you'll run in the 14's or anything like that, but i mean like 1 sec, 1/2 sec? anything like that would be great. and im going 4.10 bc i'll be staying N/A for like...... 7-8 years. thanks in advance

-Joe

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
With sticky tires and good traction, I dropped .4 from just swapping from 3.27's to 4.10's

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've heard .5 seconds on average. And bullitt, you just ran it once or twice? I'm sure you could knock off more with some practice.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I've run my car over 100 times down the track, more than half with the 4.10's. I just don't have enough horsepower to really pick up any more than .4, I was at the best times I could possibly run with 256rwhp on a full weight car. I already had great traction and decent 60ft times before the 4.10's, so I was expecting about a .3 gain, but I can live with .4.....:shigrin

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i'm thinking about the 3.73's. i dunno if i would be comfortable with my rpms so high on the highway

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
i'm thinking about the 3.73's. i dunno if i would be comfortable with my rpms so high on the highway
Around 2200rpms at 70mph isn't so high. My old daily driver turned over that and it was an unmodded Nissan Hardbody pickup.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i just got a new mustang gt c/s and i love her shes so sexy:worshipbut any ways i never knew what the gear sawped did tilll now so what is a good gear sawp to put into my mustang :smilie

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
2200 at 70 with the 4.10s?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yeah, 2200 at 70 doesn't sound bad at all. I just ordered my 3.73's, so too late for changes. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
It's actually closer to 2500rpm at 70....... oops.

60mph=2000rpm

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
haha, that sounds more like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.