Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 V6 with NO ABS and no traction control. :eek:hknow (Auto Transmission). So I was wondering can I still get 4:10 gears with the Ford Racing 7.5" 28 spline limited slip diff. ? Im a complete noob to gears. Im just not sure if thats all i need for the setup. Im gonna have a shop install them for me. I was thinking of getting these from American Muscle.

4.10 Gears for 7.5 Rear end at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Ford Racing 7.5" 28 Spline Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Is that all i need to have 4:10 gears? Or do i also have to buy this ..

Rear End Installation Kit (7.5in) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Thank you so much in advance. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
590 Posts
yes, you can. you may also want to look at a "new take off" complete rear end.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i wouldn't go with motive tho, i bought them and as many times as i had the shop re check them, there will always be a whine because of the way they cut their gears, go with FFRP, they are a little more but worth it

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i dont have abs or tc and i installed motive 3.73`s and t lok in my 7.5. ive have never had any whine at all, and ya, it was worth the money without those features. sometimes i wish i would have went with the 4.10`s, but its my dd and more than anything i like having the limited slip posi. i also bought my stuff through am and ya, get the install kit. it comes with all the bearings and races along with some other stuff you need. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. and amustangrocks, how much did your installation cost? or did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thanks everyone. and amustangrocks, how much did your installation cost? or did you do it yourself?

And what kind of "feel" do you get? What is the difference when you add them?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
yes you can do it. how do i know? because ive done it! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
208 Posts
Same here. No abs/trac with FRPP 4.10s and T-Lock. How's it respond? White smoke from the rear tires at 1/4 throttle that's how!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm reading that a lot of you guys use Ford Racing gears. However, I cannot seem to find FRPP gears for a 7.5" rear end online. Did you upgrade to the 8.8"?

Personally, I'd rather just upgrade my gears, because I know I'll never need the 8.8" strength. If someone has a link to where I can find 4.10 FRPP 7.5" gears, if they exist, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ford Performance Mustang V-6 7.5" Gear Set(281) 261-6244

Yep. Just get the gears man. FYI, get the install kit AND T-Lock. Gears are a 3 component part in my eyes. I'm N/A and these have held up to everything I've ever thrown at 'em. Key is a reputable shop. Can't emphasize that enough :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.