Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there ANY way to make the speedo/odo accurate again if you install 4.10 gear with AODE transmission? My local tuner said a gear tooth for 3.73 gear is as close as he could get but I'm wondering if there are any other tricks?

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Is there ANY way to make the speedo/odo accurate again if you install 4.10 gear with AODE transmission? My local tuner said a gear tooth for 3.73 gear is as close as he could get but I'm wondering if there are any other tricks?
I know that the “white gear” that was recommend to me for 3.73 in my ‘95 with a T5 didn’t work all that well.. The white gear is a Jeep product and doesn’t fit the driven gear perfect. At first it was about 5 or so off reading high. Now that the driven gear got chewed up by the white gear it’s about 10 mph high and it gets more inaccurate (reading high) the faster I go.
This one is a no go Speedometer Driven Gear Type 3 23-Tooth Mustang Automatic/ Manual Transmission 1965-1998

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
A year or so ago we’d have our answer by now. ‘79-‘04 is pretty much a ghost town these days amigo.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Red gear (23 teeth) for a 4.10

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red gear (23 teeth) for a 4.10
How does the red 23 tooth gear differ from the white 23 tooth gear listed above?

Somebody also mentioned a SpeedCal device to me, but so far those seem to be no longer available.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't know , the ones I've used were Red and worked with the 4.10 is a '90 LX with an AOD and 27" dia tire. They don't last very long as thin as the teeth are so I have replaced a few.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Red is 21 teeth if i recall. AOD has the drive gear machined into the output shaft so you cant really change that. If you're lucky you could have a 7t drive gear. 8t youre really screwed. 7 and a 21 will get you to 3.73s. I dont think theres really anything out there that can account for 4.10s on a AOD/AODE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts