Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put on the 4.30 gears on the cobra and man does this thing bite , what a difference from my old 3.73s ,,,,,,,,,,,,cant wait for the cams anybody now what the best profile would be for a street car not concerned about the track just need something thats driveable ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice! :bigthumbsup I need to drop some gears in asap! (still stock). Post up some vids with the gears? And cams are gonna be an expensive job as you need 4. I want to go that route as well, I'm a sucker for a well built NA mustang. I think a guy on svtperf. spent a little over $2k on those, (kind of an aggressive cam) but that's including retainers, springs and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gears

im going to try to get some video of the car and post it ,ima going to run my buddies 2010 ss camaro stock so ima see how i do .Well as far as cams i was thinking maybe a stage 2 cam ,i know there pricey but cant make power without spending some money .:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
In My Opinion: Cams aren't worth it on a 4V until you've done everything else. For the price of those cams and install and retune, you could have bought a used supercharger and made 100 more horsepower.

But yes, 4.30's are awesome........:bigthumbsup

Here's a video of 4.30's in a stock engine Bullitt for the guy asking. And the Cobra responds better to them than the 2V. The blue Bullitt was running 3.73's and has cams and was running M/T Drag Radials. My green Bullitt has stock cams, and was running on Nitto 555R's:

‪sneaky98gt's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

·
Registered
268 Posts
True, cams are expensive for a 4v :/ but once done it sounds awesome. Just you might regret not having just gone FI after all the money spent. Problem is finding a good used SC for the cobras. Hahahahaha dang those 4.30's owned those 3:73's! Thanks for the video, that helps a ton!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Comps Stage 2's!:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I found my car to drive much better with a Kenne Bell 'boost a spark"...
Next like Bullitt says, suspension work...upper and lower rear control arms at a minimum
Cams are cool, but yeah, expensive...consider a 100 shot of NOS

·
Registered
93 Posts
In My Opinion: Cams aren't worth it on a 4V until you've done everything else. For the price of those cams and install and retune, you could have bought a used supercharger and made 100 more horsepower.

But yes, 4.30's are awesome........:bigthumbsup

Here's a video of 4.30's in a stock engine Bullitt for the guy asking. And the Cobra responds better to them than the 2V. The blue Bullitt was running 3.73's and has cams and was running M/T Drag Radials. My green Bullitt has stock cams, and was running on Nitto 555R's:

‪sneaky98gt's Channel‬‏ - YouTube
Holy crap dude... do you have anything left in your car at 2700 lbs? lol

That's quuiiickkk for a stock 2v o_O

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I was only in the 1st 4 videos. After that was my buddy Joe's True Blue Bullitt.

2780lbs without me in it, and I'm right at 200lbs depending on the day. There's still quite a bit left that can be taken out, but everything that has been modded was done with weight reduction in mind.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was only in the 1st 4 videos. After that was my buddy Joe's True Blue Bullitt.

2780lbs without me in it, and I'm right at 200lbs depending on the day. There's still quite a bit left that can be taken out, but everything that has been modded was done with weight reduction in mind.
Still crazy, Im 6' 196 lbs and my car weighs in at 3270 even with my extra power I cant beat that weight reduction you got there, Im stuck in the 13's but i recently grabbed a 100 shot so we shall see :laughlitt

My cars all high end power atm with heads and cams, I can get moving but its a duck off the line im hoping the 100 shot will get its fat ass moving =X

1 - 11 of 11 Posts