Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I dont do much 4.6 work, but I figured I would take on a challenge for a good buddy and build up my knowledge for more work to come (new performance business hopefully)

He decided to buy a used V2 super charger. He has a 75mm t-body, and 32 lbs infectors, and a predator 2 tuner. I got everyting bolted up and together (with no intructions and very little hardware). The only problem is that we are having a tuning problem. The chip came from the previous owner and has a number GIZ2 on it, and so does his actual car computer. We figured they were tuned pretty close so we plugged it in, and went to run it, and it runs like crap. It puffs white bluish smoke, wont idle, and smells really rich. Can we use that predator to tune it an lean it out to so he can safely take it down the rd for a spin. Or does the chip have to go to vortech and have them burn it again? I appreciate the help. Thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i wouldnt mess around leaning it out unless you have a wideband meter. white/blueish smoke is usually oil burning too. i would not risk anything and get it to a dyno.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks,
He doesnt really want to spend the money, people around me charge way to much. SO he told me to play around lol. But yeah I guess it not really blueish, its kind of grey and reeks of raw fuel.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If you don't have the software, for the predator leave it alone. You need the software, and a wide-band O2 sensor I don't really mess with predators. If the car is running that bad, just put it on a flat-bed and bring it to a dyno, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
and even if it's running too rich then it shouldnt necessarily idle like crap. the MAF might be all messed up not being used to the supercharger especially if it's set up as a blow through whereas the stock setup is draw through.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Sounds like a lot of trouble waiting to happen.

To reinforce the very good advice already given:

Having a tuner is like being handed a torque wrench and a blindfold. You can twiddle the torque settings all day long with the blindfold on, but ARE you really tightening things down to the proper settings?

Same thing trying to tune something without any way to measure the results.

Don't do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks guys. The mass isnt stock either, it was with the s/c set along with the 32lb injectors. Ill let him know, maybe Ill convince him to get it down to the city

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.