Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title suggests...can it be done? I have a late 80's 5.0 'Stang that someone is selling for really cheap and it runs fine and all of that great stuff. I know I'm going to catch some grief from someone here. But it is just soooo easy to mod these 5.0's and soooo much cheaper than our modulars. These 5.0's seem to be able to handle some serious power as well. This is something I am seriously considering and would like some input from people here on the forums. I have looked around on the internet for this engine swap and all that came up was stroking our 4.6's to the 5.0's. I don't know what all would be needed to complete the swap nor do I know what is involved. All help is appreciated!:)

G

·
I would do it, if you have a 5.0 engine and the k-member and etc. parts to do it. Should be somewhat easy...

Good Luck..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Why not just drop a 5.4L in it instead.. I just picked up a 5.4 shortblock with 20k for under 500. I will get the DOHC heads and front cover as money permits. The biggest issue is an intake,.. which is available just pricey.:drink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
oh and btw.. if you were gonna put a 5.0 in it,.. why not just buy a 94 or 95? or buy one as a parts donor car for the swap. they came with the 5.0:thumbsup

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if I got a 5.4, I would need a new hood, right? Or if I could find a nice Lightning with the Eaton slapped on...:evillol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.