Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i driving my 2001 mustang gt, if i accelerate aggressive enough my car will start smoking from the engine and you can smell and see the coolant all over the Front Passenger side of the engine. so when you pop the hood the coolant is all over the Top Left passenger side corner. along with all the smoke(from the exact same area). Is this a hose leak or gasket? the car does not run hot, i can drive it all day. as long as i dont accelerate hard it wont go through the smoke and antifreeze everywhere process.

help?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most logical reason would be a loose clamp, the pressure of hard pulls could be putting too much stress on the 'loose' seal. Double check all clamps and make sure they are tight at the bases.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Clean all the crap off, then with the car on open up the throttle manually under the hood and see where it's coming from.

Hopefully it's 1 of the 2 hoses going to the heater core and not the nipple coming out of the intake manifold all of which are at the rear passenger side of the engine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oops you said front passenger side, my bad.

Hopefully it's 1 of the 2 lines (top and bottom) going to the radiator and not the radiator itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts