Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 base model with the five speed and a donor 4.6L out of a 2006 Mercury Marquis. My question is what do I need do make sure that it starts up and drives, I know I'll need a new subframe, engine mounts, do I need the full wiring harness out of the Mercury or just the ECU and the sensor wires attached to the engine?

·
Administrator
4,756 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Banned
8,806 Posts
I think you just need the motor harness. I’m thinking that you might want to use a 4.6 ‘99-04 Mustang intake manifold. I think the Merc’s 4.6 of that year was rated at 230 or so horsepower vs the 260 the 99-04 Mustangs made. If I had the extra money I’d think about cam upgrades as well. If you don’t “beef” it up it’ll have it’s hands full racing a new Camry. However, if you make it too beefy, the V6’s 7.5” rear end might not hold up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1998 base model with the five speed and a donor 4.6L out of a 2006 Mercury Marquis. My question is what do I need do make sure that it starts up and drives, I know I'll need a new subframe, engine mounts, do I need the full wiring harness out of the Mercury or just the ECU and the sensor wires attached to the engine?
I think u are right the 4.6 had a different sun frame of k frame. The v6 did use the same k frame as an old 5.0 fox body engine as ford did use that engine for the first year sn95 1995. Then they went to the 4.6 in 1996

1 - 4 of 4 Posts