Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change my cluster the a 6 gauge. I have an 07 GT vert. Anyone bought off rock auto? Prices are much cheaper than through a dealer. Do I need to get it flashed or have the dealer do anything? What kind of fees should I except above and behind thr cost of the gauge and panel? I can do the install but was worried about repogrsmng keys, my tune, or having the cluster re-flashed. How would I tell if I have ABS? Was it standard on 07 GT models?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I did the same swap with a used 6-gauge cluster from an '05 GT that I bought from ebay. The donor cluster had only 6k miles less than my original so I didn't bother reflashing it with the mileage recorded in my ECU but if you decide you need to, your local stealership can do it for you. You don't need to do anything with the keys nor your ECU tune.
The only other thing you'll need is an OEM switch panel with INFO/SETUP/RESET buttons (Ford part no. 6R3Z-18578AA) to replace the blank panel to the left of the cigarette lighter. The wiring pigtail for it is already in place behind the aforementioned blank panel.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool. So buying this one off rock auto would be okay to do and use? Can?t tell if it?s a new unit or reconditioned unit? Just didn?t want to buy it and have it not work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also are all of the 6 gauge clusters the my color? Where do you adjust the color or how do you adjust it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2005 gt with the 4 gauge cluster 5r33-10849-cc. I replaced this cluster due to the gauges not working at all but the cluster i got off of ebay has my traction control acting funny. The button will not work to turn traction control on or off.and the speedo does not work. I was told i have to get the exact same cluster number or it will not work. Is this true? I have found 5r33-10849-gc that is a 6 gauge cluster and 7r33-10849-cc 4 gauge cluster but was told they may not work. And ford could not tell me anything about cluster numbers or if they can be swapped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts