Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 4" cowl hood? I was looking at it and was wondering how bad visibility was. If anyone could take pictures that would be awesome too! Just trying to get an idea of how big it is.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would a 3 inch be okay?

·
Registered
784 Posts
go with the cervinis 2.5inch its not to big and not to small visibility isnt bad either

·
Registered
457 Posts
go with the cervinis 2.5inch its not to big and not to small visibility isnt bad either
+ 1..... Just got my Cervini 2 1/2" Cowl Hood and it's absolutely perfect. It's higher then you think. OMG, I can't imagine what a 4 " would be like on the street.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Really big, and really bad visibility. Too much for the street.
100% agree

My ex-stang had the 4 inch cervini. Pic of it launching. At time of pic, car did still have very limited street use (about 20 miles per week). Right turns at intersections were particularly troublesome as the hood peak completely obscured the right curb area.

Also, unless you have something really really really impressive under that 4 inch hood, it will seem silly.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+ 1..... Just got my Cervini 2 1/2" Cowl Hood and it's absolutely perfect. It's higher then you think. OMG, I can't imagine what a 4 " would be like on the street.
If you get some free time, do you think you could snap some quick photos from the interior?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
100% agree

My ex-stang had the 4 inch cervini. Pic of it launching. At time of pic, car did still have very limited street use (about 20 miles per week). Right turns at intersections were particularly troublesome as the hood peak completely obscured the right curb area.

Also, unless you have something really really really impressive under that 4 inch hood, it will seem silly.
Looks awesome man. and thanks for the advice. seems like the 2 and a half is looking more like an option.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I remember my girlfriend complaining that from the passenger seat she could only see treetops and the occasional light aircraft. I had promised to paint a nice country scene or seascape on her side of the windshield but never got around to it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I remember my girlfriend complaining that from the passenger seat she could only see treetops and the occasional light aircraft. I had promised to paint a nice country scene or seascape on her side of the windshield but never got around to it.
:bigthumbsup Thats awesome man. Did you drive it on the street a lot?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
With 135+ traps... had to cage it. Once that happens, really not a street car anymore, streetable maybe but no fun and dangerous to drive around with all that metal and no helmet. Then rear was spooled, so turning was difficult and scrubbed tires horribly. Decided about a year ago to make it street illegal (turned plates in), then you can take a lot more liberties with weight loss and such.

Pic (1st pic) of the car at work back in 2008, with the 4 inch cowl. I could walk to work back then in 10 minutes, so driving was OK for the couple of quiet residential streets involved at 25 mph.

Had fairly comfortable seats back then (2nd pic). Now seats are really for 1/4 mile only (3rd pic).

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
If you want a good cowl get Steeda's. They are lighter than Cervini and they are functional, fitment is perfrect. I researched hoods for months before I pulled the trigger on Steeda's. Love it. Cervini makes good hoods, they are just heavier. I can't remember if it was a functional Cowl. Steeda's definately help underhood temps. They said they tested the race cowl they sale and it keeps within 5 degrees of ambient underhood. I never did a test on mine to verify but [email protected] did and it proved on par. He has the standard cowl and I have the race cowl. Both work good.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If you want a good cowl get Steeda's. They are lighter than Cervini and they are functional, fitment is perfrect. I researched hoods for months before I pulled the trigger on Steeda's. Love it. Cervini makes good hoods, they are just heavier. I can't remember if it was a functional Cowl. Steeda's definately help underhood temps. They said they tested the race cowl they sale and it keeps within 5 degrees of ambient underhood. I never did a test on mine to verify but [email protected] did and it proved on par. He has the standard cowl and I have the race cowl. Both work good.
My Steeda race cowl is still sitting at the body shop :(

Should have it painted and on soon I hope.

S

·
0 Posts
That race cowl is very light. You will probably want hood pins. I don't have any on there yet, I have them but the guy at the body shop didn't want to do it. I called Steeda and was asking if the hood was gonna fly off and he just kept saying "it's recommended to use the pins", with an undertone of "it probably will not happen". Steeda says they charge $400 to put them on. My tuner said $200. Either way, with that hood I would feel more comfortable with them on. You will see once it's on. That hood is the shiznick though. Both my tuner and Steeda said they would highly recommend having the pins installed professionally. Apparently it's a tricky thing and if you screw up your patching.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you want a good cowl get Steeda's. They are lighter than Cervini and they are functional, fitment is perfrect.
cervinis is also functional

S

·
0 Posts
FrOm everything I've heard cervini makes an excellent hood. Thy are generally pricey, but quality and weigh more than the stock hood. Steeda Done testing on there hoods for function with suprisingly good results and I trusted it. Nothing wrong with cervini. I almost bought their heat extractor hood.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
FYI - there are differences in "functionality" of cowl hoods. Inlet of the street Steeda cowl is not nearly the same or efficient as their race cowl. Ditto for the Cervini - like comparing apples and oranges to others. Just because it says it's functional doesn't tell you how well it functions.

Just saying...

·
Registered
53 Posts
What do u guys think of the hoods on cruzin concepts? I was lookin at gettin the 3in cowl or the GT-S ram air hood? Is this a good idea or does anyone have any advice on them?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts