Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i bought a 94 351 windsor today that i plan on building a 408 stroker out of it. I dont know what stroker kit i want to use yet, but I was curious as what heads other guys are using? Is it possible to use 4.6 cobra 32 Valve heads? Im not sure if thats a dumb question so be patient with me. I'd like to have 32 valve heads and think that would be the most effective way to do it if its possible cause theres a million of wrecked cobras being parted out everywhere. Also I want to keep this motor carburated as its going into my 67 coupe.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
IF you want to do the 32 valves you need a modular motor, some of the mustang sites have done the conversion of a mod motor into a vintage mustang, its not an easy task, the 351 will be limited to 16 valves since it doesn't have overhead camshafts. I don't see the big deal with the 32 valves, the Ford crate boss block 331cid can do 530hp carbureted, with the newer heads and cams available, these motors are capable of a lot of hp, without superchargers and NOS, and if you want more power, just add them. The biggest trick it to get it to the ground, it doesn't do any good if everytime you punch it the tires go up in smoke. I would recommend making a list of what you want in your car, like performance, handling, steering, brakes, gas mileage, etc. then work towards that goal, otherwise you can spend a ton of money, and have a car that wants to go into the ditch when it rains. This is my opinion. Good Luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
IF you want to do the 32 valves you need a modular motor, some of the mustang sites have done the conversion of a mod motor into a vintage mustang, its not an easy task, the 351 will be limited to 16 valves since it doesn't have overhead camshafts. I don't see the big deal with the 32 valves, the Ford crate boss block 331cid can do 530hp carbureted, with the newer heads and cams available, these motors are capable of a lot of hp, without superchargers and NOS, and if you want more power, just add them. The biggest trick it to get it to the ground, it doesn't do any good if everytime you punch it the tires go up in smoke. I would recommend making a list of what you want in your car, like performance, handling, steering, brakes, gas mileage, etc. then work towards that goal, otherwise you can spend a ton of money, and have a car that wants to go into the ditch when it rains. This is my opinion. Good Luck.
Hi! not posible with modular head but check the link bellow.

4Valve Cleveland Boss351 and Pantera Heads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts