Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 42% underdrive pulley from rpmoultet.com. i read in a forum the 42% is best for the v6 mustang and provides horsepower without any risk of losing a lot of watts.
After i received my pulley i found out that the 42% pulley was the only pulley that they did NOT test. I was extremely worried about this. I kinda figured that RPMOUTLET priced this pulley in the range of the rest of the pulleys to make it seem like your getting a better product for a better deal.
Has anyone purchased this pulley and have any success or failures, I do not want any strain to my car caused by this pulley in order to get more horsepower, to me thats not worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK i am going to install it but i cant find any websites to install it. I found one for a 25% reduction pulley... would it be the same procedure, or should i keep looking.
heres the site...
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/pulley.htm

this site also has a lot of usefull installations on his 2000 mustang you guys should check it out.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eleanor78895 said:
OK i am going to install it but i cant find any websites to install it. I found one for a 25% reduction pulley... would it be the same procedure, or should i keep looking.
heres the site...
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/pulley.htm

this site also has a lot of usefull installations on his 2000 mustang you guys should check it out.
yeah, it's the same procedure.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
ok i am seriously thinking about underdrive pulleys but if im going get them i want to do it right.
42% reduction from rpm outlet is the best?
i live in south texas so do i want to underdrive the water pump?
if underdriving the water pump is a bad idea do they sell a set that does not include the water pump pulley?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most of the HP transfer is in the crank pulley. Under driving the other pulleys gets you MAYBE another 2-3 HP MAX. Not worth it. I did get the billet w/p pulley from RPMoutlet, but only cus I liked the look.
So all you really need is the crank pulley and the belt.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
ok i am seriously thinking about underdrive pulleys but if im going get them i want to do it right.
42% reduction from rpm outlet is the best?
i live in south texas so do i want to underdrive the water pump?
if underdriving the water pump is a bad idea do they sell a set that does not include the water pump pulley?
Thanks for the help
yeah, they sell it without the waterpump pulley.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Will a Ford dealership install the aftermarket pulley? If so, for about how much? I'm a bit nervous about taking my engine apart :eek:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
load said:
Will a Ford dealership install the aftermarket pulley? If so, for about how much? I'm a bit nervous about taking my engine apart :eek:
Depends on the dealership.

You can take it to any NAPA center, or pretty much any ASE mechanic, & you'll probably get a better price . . .

Around here, it's usually around $50 to install it. But it all depends on whatever the wages are in your neck of the woods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.