Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. I was reading that using the stock v8 rear springs and the front springs from a 4 cylinder would be better for launching than lowering springs and they would also lowering the 99-04 about an inch. My question is could I get any auto part store replacement front springs that are the 4 bangers or should I try and find oem ford ones. also I did look on napa and I found two different front springs.

NAPA AUTO PARTS
and
NAPA AUTO PARTS'
The first link is also the same springs they recommend for the 99-04 gt springs?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Any parts store will have them, sadly they are built for the 5.0 anyways. ford ones will have the specs you want. And actually if You arnt in a rush when snow melts, i can dig into my 88 lx 4 cyl and tear the struts off, as i will be replacing them with drag suspension.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I'm in no rush at all. and cool thanks just keep me posted on that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also if I use the 4 cylinder springs up front what would lower my car the same amount in back? I've seen people say the stock rears and cut one coil off. Would this give it a nicer stance?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I personally wouldnt cut it, ive ran into problems with spring binding, if you want ill let you have at the rears too. I got a lot of parts to order soon just filed taxes :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool and ya got my taxes plan on doing my cars suspension this time haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts