Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock manifold on my 78 with the EGR plate and a Holley 5200 2BB.

Is there a spacer you guys recomend to delete the EGR plate so the 5200 will mount on the stock manifold?

... or I read about a Holley 2300 350CFM that bolts right on ...

Or should I just buy some 4BB if I'll end up spend $300ish anyway?:smoke:

·
Registered
730 Posts
The 5200 puts out about 270cfm which is more than enough for this engine stock or even mildly modified. You don't need a 4 barrel unless you have some serious mods as it will drain your bottom end to nothing. The stock manifold won't accept a 4 barrel. The Stock lower mani on fuel injected cars has an adapter plate out to mount a 4 barrel I believe or maybe a 2 barrel holley. If you want some more carb then go here. Weber Carburetors

Order a 38DGES, but the Holley 5200 AKA Weber 32/36 is a very adaptable carb and puts out enough flow unless you have a good sized cam.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Basic rule of thumb for carb SIZING

1.6 CFM per HP!!!!! 350 HP= 560 CFM CARB:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

Man i know my SHI$ Peace Tom Just Kidding around!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the tips, and that Weber website. Can't believe it didn't come out into my Weber search. :kooky:
I have a pretty agressive cam, but that's it.

I have 9-10" on vacuum pressure @ 1,000 RPM, that increases and stays to 15" once I reach 2000 RPM. So I was thinking that maybe it was my idle on my carb that was messed up, and was looking to get an another one. I also have to turn the mixture screew 3.5 turns counterclockwise to have the thing not runing lean, I'm used to 4BB where u unscreew 2 turns and then tighten it till runing rought, and loosing it back 1/2 turn.

Plus the thing runs fine till 65 MPH then I have to depress the gas pedal the last 50% at once to keep accelerating thru it. I was wondering if I wasn't runing out of air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts