Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 350 hp achiveable with naturally aspirated gt40-p heads

So far i have CAI,pulleys,flowmaster 40's,no-cats,3.55 gears.I have a 130amp alternator.I want an electric fan but dont really know about the wiring to install it myself.I will be getting 1250$ in a couple of weeks so what would i need to achive this.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
No way! Not with gt any heads. As a matter of fact it tough to get aluminum heads to 350 NA unless its stroked.

·
Registered
373 Posts
forget it with the 1200 budget. it can be acheived with alum heads but they alone will run up to 1200 bucks. then youll need good set of intakes, bigger inj, mas, tb.... one thing youll need to improve is bottom end. you will easyly spend over 5k to get 350hp. then comes upgrading the t5, rear, suspension, tires, frame ties on on and on....
if i were you id spend the money on suspension, upper/lower control arms, frame ties, under drives, delete ac/smog, improve cooling, electric fan is easy, take out the clutch fan and zip tie your elec fan behind the rad, wire it to some sort of power wire, mine is wired to ignition switch, so it on as soon as i turn the key.

·
Registered
155 Posts
No way! Not with gt any heads. As a matter of fact it tough to get aluminum heads to 350 NA unless its stroked.

And if you don't use correct parts you want get 350 RWHP with it stroked.

I have 7K in a 347 that want get it. 306.8 RWHP

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Is 350 hp achiveable with naturally aspirated gt40-p heads
Even if you were talking in terms of 350 flywheel HP (300rwhp), the answer would be it's not easy. You'll need a whole slew of the usual external bolt-ons plus a performance intake, cam, and a port job on those heads to even get close. A realistic goal would be 280rwhp.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If you want 350 hp, forget all variants of GT40 anything. You want real power, you need real heads rather than stock heads. All GT40 heads are still considered stock heads. Especially the P heads, they're just truck/Explorer heads, they're nothing special.

Plus you won't get it with "only" $1250. You'd spend that alone on just heads capable of making 350 hp.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Besides the heads and the intake you'll want to tear into the bottom end and throw some matching pistons in there to get a nice steep compression. Then, I could see 300 rwtq on a NA 302.

SO,

$350-500 -intake
$1200 -Heads
$250 & up - Pistons
$1,000 - Misc crap , exhaust, injectors, MAF, Gaskets, Fluids for rebuild.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.