Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i ended up beating a seemingly loud and fast 5.0 in my stock 4.0. anybody have similar unbelievable kills?

·
Registered
431 Posts
He must Reallly not know how to drive or not have a cobra at all. Somehow i dont think a 4.0 could beat a 5.0 cobra...fox or sn95.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It probably was a GT 5.0 with cobra badges. Which if the 5.0 had a poor launch it is quite feasible that the 4.0 would win.

·
Registered
431 Posts
meh...still! even a gt could spank a 4.0! not saying the 4.0 is slow...this also depends on tire spin, mods, and auto or 5spd...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont know in my opinion a stock 5.0 is pretty slow at launch...i got a buddy that has a 5.0 and all it has is 3.73 gears and header back exhaust right now and i would choose my stock v6 over that...

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
whats the difference between a cobra and a gt in the 5.0's

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
last night i ended up beating a seemingly loud and fast 5.0 in my stock 4.0. anybody have similar unbelievable kills?
can you find out what was done to the 5.0?

·
Registered
537 Posts
whats the difference between a cobra and a gt in the 5.0's
There are quite a few differences such as intake/heads (already stated) I'm pretty sure they have the same transmission but the cobra's transmission is geared differently. I believe they also have a different cam but I am not completely sure. If this was a 94-95 it would have the cobra bumper but gt hood and gt rear bumper. It also has different front body pieces for the side skirt along with quarter panels that actually flow air to the rear tires. They have "cobra" embeded into the steering wheel and an svt badge on the trunk along with cobra emblems on the fenders. Those are the main differences I believe.

Whether he was a bad driver or you have a fast v6 you still won. Good kill.

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it definately had a catback because it was loud as ****. i knew it was a cobra 5.0 because the rear bumper was a v6's and it had all cobra emblems and bumpers.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The 4.0 is no slouch, it's entirely possible for a V6 to beat an older V8. The 4.0 stock has 210 hp and 240 ft lbs of torque so get it wound up, it'll surprise a lot of people. It's hard to tell what was the reason because we don't know the condition of the older car.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i beat a 5.0 with an exhaust with my crown vic lx sport i had a couple mods

·
Registered
119 Posts
i've took out a 89 mustang gt on my 6 but only by half a car from 0 to 105. it had headers work exhaust cai and i think thats it :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.