Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 5.0 mustang and the exhaust seems to leak alot of water and on occasion a little white smoke comes out the right tailpipe any idea what this means?? And its leaking alot and a little more from the right side then the left too. For instance if you reved it a little there would be a puddle about a foot long behind it.

Ive also heard that it could be the intake gasket or head gasket but im pretty sure its straight water coming out no coolant. And can the cats have anything to do with it it still has them.

Intake or head gasket? its only one side im replacing the intake manifold, the manifold gasket, the throttle body, and the cold air intake this winter how much would it be to replace the head gasket if thats the problem and is it worth it?

Anything i can do to check what it is?? please help!

heres a video of the right pipe after a little revving you cant really see the water spitting out but it is look at the puddle

YouTube - fox body exhaust leaking water

·
Registered
599 Posts
sorry ....but most likly a blown head gasket do a sparkplug check on the side thats steaming ther shoul be a plug or two cleaner than the other and a compression check ...good luck :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry ....but most likly a blown head gasket do a sparkplug check on the side thats steaming ther shoul be a plug or two cleaner than the other and a compression check ...good luck :bigthumbsup
i've checked the oil and it is not milky like others i have seen and also their are no bubbles in the radiatior which i have also seen so i am completely stumped...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now that i think about it the smoke was probably just the water burning but still why so much water??!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
What was the temp when you took that video? It just looks like cool weather. It could be just a plugged drain hole on the muffler. But if you're pulling the intake anyway I would just go ahead and do the head gaskets while the car is apart. Better safe then sorry and it won't add a bunch of cost if it's apart anyway. Think of it this way. It's only 30 or so extra bolts and about 4 hours of your time.

·
Registered
599 Posts
hope thats all it is too ...good luck anyway :bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts