Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? I have a 2011 5.0 bought on May 28th of last year. I am at just over 9000 miles now and have had the oil changed 3 times already. Lol. Anyway, I recently took a trip from Atlanta, Ga to near Springfield, IL to visit family. I filled up here in ATL with 87 octane and it stated 199 miles until E. By the time I got to the TN line which is over 100 miles I had only used 1/4 tank. To Nashville, TN in under 1/2 tank. I made it all the way to Paducah, Ky on 1 tank of gas doing 80-85 in mainly 6th gear the entire way and made 3 stops. That is well over 400 miles. I noticed that the faster I went, the MPG was not decreasing as fast as when I was doing 65. Anyone else notice this? Awesome!!! Went over 1300 miles round trip and spent under $200.00 in fuel. Not bad for a big ol V8 Stang. Like to see a Maro do that!! :laugh:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I made a trip to Montana and back in my 2010 SS Camaro with the manual trans. I got 28 mpg average and that was with me doing 80 mph and going over 4 mountain passes each way plus traveling thru spokane and portland twice in stop and go traffic. the Camaro got great mileage over the 2000 mile round trip. my mustang has been averaging 21.6 with 90% in town driving. they both are great cars for power vs mileage

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
this shows what automakers have been working on for decades now. powerful v8 engines that can be some what fuel efficient. as long as you dont go over 1/4 throttle this cars get great mpg.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Which axle ratio?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
taking my first long trip in the Mustang this July, the wife and I are driving from our home in Pennsylvania to Kentucky, then onto the Tail of the Dragon, then onto New Orleans and back to Pa. anxious to see how it does on gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.