Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on my car a lot recently and have noticed that since I got the car that when on the freeway it tends to wander in the lane. I have a bit of a shake in the steering wheel as well. I was going to go get it aligned and make sure that the rack & pinion was still in good condition when I realized something a tad bit weird.....

My rear tires are 275/40ZR17's All good there.

My front passenger side tire is a 245/45ZR17 which is correct.
However, for some reason my front driver side tire is a 275/40ZR17:nogrinner:nogrinner

I would kind of like to know what kind of idiot put the tires on. Who puts 3 of 1 size and 1 of another????:kooky:

Could this be the contributing factor to all of my problems???

·
Registered
864 Posts
i think some one smoked to much haha dumb a$$

·
Registered
912 Posts
its possible with that much more tire on one side, it might pull a bit, but shouldent wander around as if the steering's loose

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It pulls to the right when I come to a stop. Having thought about it, when you have a larger mass on the left tire it would take longer to stop that tire. This would account for the pull to the right due to the fact that the left tire is moving faster than the right.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 275's work perfectly fine on the rear. The 245's are great on the front. I have the 93 Cobra 17" rims. I don't know if you could go much above 245 in the front without tire rub. I know the 275 in the front rubs on the inner fender but only if I lock the wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts