Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1990 Lincoln Towncar with a 5.0L engine to swap into a Mustang. I would like to know what parts I should be looking to get to get the Horsepower up to the Foxbody Mustang level. I understand it is mostly going to be H/C/I but I would like to know the best bang for my buck when it comes to these parts. Please let me know any suggestions or anything I should be steering clear of. This is my first build and it is kinda on a budget like most and I am hoping it goes well. If any details are needed please let me know of if I left anything out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Everything should bolt right in I did a similar swap with an 85 town car to my 94 stang… the oil pan may be different on a 90 I don’t remember but if it is a dual sump pan you should be fine. what year is the car you are putting it into? The ECU and wiring harness will be the biggest problem for you if you want to run the Lincoln’s fuel injection but I am a carb guy personally, if you are a 5spd car then you will have to have a pilot bearing in the back of the crank but other than that it should be drop it in and go deal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wanting to put it into a 1990-1993. I'd like to keep fuel injection and hopefully have a 5 speed to put in with it. The Lincoln has an automatic transmission right now. What do you think of gt40 upper and lower intake, e303 cam and some rebuilt stock heads. What H/C/I set up did you go with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts