Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and search all over for as much info as I can find but I never seem to find everything I need. I have a complete 89 h.o motor with engine harness, injector, o2 harnesses. I have the mas air and the A9L ecu,I want to swap these into A 1974 mustang II, car already has the 302 swap with the 4 speed, I want to pull all of that and start with this setup. I want to get as much info on this before I start the install, while I freshen up the engine.

Biggest concerns I'm having is with the A9L, Does anyone know exactly what has to be ran for the ecu to work, The computer offers a lot I do not need But want to be sure I have everything hooked up that has to run for the ecu to work, example, I already have a External Electric Fuel pump , so I do not plan on running any of the harness from the 89 mustang for the fuel pump, Will the ECU work without a signal from the pump?
Also please help with these pins from the A9L
1. Keep alive power<12v)
37. power (12v)
40. power ground ........Which of these need to be ran to a constant
57.power (12v) ............are they all from the ignition?
60. power ground

I have run into a lot of stuff on the Bellhousing/clutch/driveshaft issues ..
If I run this engine with the t-5 tranmission from the same car All I will need to worry about is the drive shaft correct? I have the front sump oil pan,

Really I just want to find someone that has done this swap, that I can get an email address for and just ask for questions when I run into them with the build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.