Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im gonna get a set of 3:73 gears and a Transgo shift kit for my 88 stang, i know stock, it does 0-60 (0-100kph) in 6.2 seconds for a 1988 LX, approximetly what would it be after those two mods? Its completly stock with BBK H-pipe off road, tuned full flowmaster cat back, and removed air silencer?

Thanks!!!:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
995 Posts
gears dont make it go faster, it just makes it feel like its going faster and gets the rpms in the power range quicker

·
Registered
537 Posts
gears dont make it go faster, it just makes it feel like its going faster and gets the rpms in the power range quicker
Wouldn't that make it faster since it is in the power faster? Gears will improve your 0-60 times I couldn't tell you what they will be though.

R

·
0 Posts
just a little clarification

gears don't it faster .....gears make it quicker

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hard to tell what the 0-60 time would be, there's a lot of variables with that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just ordered my 3.73's for my 87 vert. It has 2.73 stock gear, I am anxious to see just how much quicker it will be off the line...

·
Registered
833 Posts
just a little clarification

gears don't it faster .....gears make it quicker
Yes quicker to 60 correct. I think it could be under 6 seconds to 60 my maxima 0-60 time is 6 flat and my stang is a lil bit "quicker"

·
Registered
956 Posts
The gears and the shift kit will both help, the shift kit will allow the transmission to shift faster, giving you more time for speeding up, you also my want to buy a K&N Air Filter, which will help airflow, and convert you car to mass air, if you haven't already

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have 3.73 gears and my 0-60 time is around 5.4-5.7. depending on how quick you are on the clutch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are we talkin about 0-60 mph or 60 ft times. When i ran with my 2.73's the best i could do was a 2.2 60ft. After the 3.73's went in my best is now a 1.9 60 ft time. Its all in how you launch it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i have 3.73 gears and my 0-60 time is around 5.4-5.7. depending on how quick you are on the clutch.
That sounds about right but how do you know?

·
Registered
154 Posts
blackbeauty,
i had it timed on multiple occasions. i did four runs on one day and i came up with three different readings. its all on how you bang em..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
833 Posts
blackbeauty,
i had it timed on multiple occasions. i did four runs on one day and i came up with three different readings. its all on how you bang em..:bigthumbsup

Yeah that is pretty good 5.4-5.7 I guess I just wanted to know how you timed it? I mean what did you use to time it? Cause I'm a lil curious what mine would run 0-60 thats all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.