Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this site and have a question. i own a 96 gt 4.6 but im looking at getting a new car and consider a 5.0. heres the question whats the difference between a 91 5.0 gt and a 91 5.0 lx???? :headscratch:

M

·
0 Posts
the body style thats it.. the gt has a body kit, cool spoiler, and fox lights and the lx is just the normal style but the lx comes in coupe as well..

·
Registered
956 Posts
not sure on all the differences...

GT....this will have the ground effects and foglights, i believe larger drums in the rear, a larger sway bar and maybe a little different suspension...correct me if i'm wrong...

LX.... no ground effects, just looks like a hatchback mustangs, probably cheaper insurance

·
Registered
956 Posts
you could get all the ground effects and front and rear bumpers, that would make it look like a GT but i'm not sure it would be worth the time and money, those parts are not cheap, if you want a GT you may be better off just buying one...

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
There are GT specific things too, like the warning lights for low fuel, coolant, washer fluid, and low oil level. GT suspension is harsher, even though it's supposed to be the same as the 5.0 LX.
You could convert an LX into looking like a GT but you'd also have to convert the door guards to GT as well, they're around $150 apiece.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As far as I can tell between my buddy's LX and my GT is the bodykit along with the interior, with the exception that the guy my friend bought the car off of had some things custom ordered.

M

·
0 Posts
I agree, If you want a gt then you should buy a gt.. converting a lx into a gt is prolly gonna be more expensive in the end and depending on who does it might not look as good.. thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
781 Posts
Interior on the GT is much nicer, you basically getting the 4cyl interior on the LX, horrible seats and trim, but the lx is a little lighter than the GT, but the difference is minimal........

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Why would you want to ruin a prefectly good LX......:gringreen:gringreen:gringreen
+++++++1! The LX's also came with those sexy exhaust tips! Put that in your GT pipe and smoke it :bigthumbsup!

Interior on the GT is much nicer, you basically getting the 4cyl interior on the LX, horrible seats and trim, but the lx is a little lighter than the GT, but the difference is minimal........

You could order the LX with the same interior as the GT's, I believe you could even order leather if you chose so.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The GT's have 5 lug wheels and the LX has 4 lug's if i'm not mistaken..

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
The SVO and the '93 Cobra "R" were 5-lug. All others were 4-lug.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 93 lx and it has the same interior as the gt. Also I personally like the LX looks alot better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
LX all the way!

Except for some cosmetic exterior differences, the cars are the same. The GT is more boy racer and the LX is cleaner looking.

The LX is a little lighter because it doesn't have all the ground effects and will therefore be a little faster.:bigthumbsup

My favorite thing about the LX is the tailpipes look tough. The turndowns on GTs are weak looking and barely visible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts