Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, ive got a 88 5.0 with 2003 cobra rims, with low profile tires, it rides like a Mac truck or a go cart with no suspention, you can feel every rut and bump, what would be the best bang for the buck to improve the ride quality?:headscratch:

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
39,945 Posts
Maybe some good shocks and struts,like Monroe Sensatrac..

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have KYB's that i ordered as a kit from LateModel Restoration Supply. They seem alright but they are bouncer than the stock shocks thats for sure. The sensatrac ones you can get from your local auto parts store. The sensatrac shocks seem to be really popular, only cuz i see lots of people buy them for all sorts of cars.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I used to have a Honda shhh...:angel: don't tell I used KYB adjustable shocks. I would imagine they make adjustable for stangs too. Me Honda was lowered and and had 18" rims and KYBs helped it.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Depends if you want performance or not. If you want good traction and performance then it sounds like someone may have already done it. If you want soft ride try the oem replacement parts. (tires,shocks,springs,etc) If you want it to ride like a caddy, well ya bought a Mustang. Try to find out what ya got before you throw anything out. It may be worth more than the parts you want.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You didn't specify if it's a GT or LX. If it's a GT, you have a stiffer suspension to begin with, and then tall, low profile tires transmit road bumps more so it may be this combination happening.

You could get some adjustable struts and shocks, loosen them up to soften the ride a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.