Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup guys! I I used to post on this site about two years back, when I had my 4.6 2v. Unfortunately I lost it and by effect abandoned this site, I cant retract the account info, but nothing to cry about really.

Anyways guys, I just got my 5.0! 95, real happy =D... She got her issues however but i will post that in the adequate section.

Anyhows something real curious popped in my head! I was just talking to some boys about there honda's & eclipse's. I noticed that whenever I hear a person talk about any engine with a whole number in engine litre ie: 2.0 3.0 4.0 , I myself and everybody else i've talked with say zero at the end. For example "oh that tin can gots a two point zero k20" or "Ey whats your displacement on your accord? Oh it's a three point zero!"

Funny part is that I do make an exception to the 5.0! I do say Five point "O" (O as in letter next to N) as also i've heard other people say em that way.
So my fellow 5.0 gang, Do you happen to have this similar issue & how do you say uh well..5.0? LoL

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
5 oh is the cops...

5 point oh is the SBF that we all love :bigthumbsup

Ask Vanilla Ice if you don't believe me :winks

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I can every remember anyone calling a 5.0 a 5.zero :shrug

·
Registered
45 Posts
I say 302 because engines were measured in cubic inches when the engine came about. The metric system hadn't quite invaded our vehicles yet :winks

·
Registered
517 Posts
five ohh dayumm thats nice :gringreen
or my personal least favorite 5 oh "where!?" behind you now pull over "again...":frustrated:

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's funny to hear ricers talk about their cars. Like its a 2.0 but its got no2 and a turbo the size of a hair dryer and yo dude it runs 14's lol. Got the glow lights under there too.....

5.oh yea!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have soda bottles with more liters then a ricer

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
It is called a 5.0 or 302 but in reality it is a 4.942 Liter engine which is 301.579343 cubic inch. Ford did not call it a 4.9L because they already had a 4.9 liter in the 300 cubic inch inline 6 cylinder and wanted to avoid confusion so they rounded up an called it a 302.:yup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have soda bottles with more liters then a ricer
So , let me get this straight…..your Honda has 1.6 liters, whereas my bottle of Mountain Dew has 2?

·
Registered
155 Posts
rag top down so my hair can blow.
^^^ rag top owner :
I've always called them 5 OHs, the police are Po-Pos

·
Registered
864 Posts
5 liter, mean car, sweet ride. never 5 . zero

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
5 oh without a doubt. It's a part of the Fox mystique

·
Registered
394 Posts
Maybe the reason they call their ricers "2 point zero" or "3 point zero" is to dissociate them selves from part of the American term (ohh) used for the five liter mustang. (Ricers are in their own little world aren't they?)

·
Registered
480 Posts
i have every aspect of this thread covered in my life, lol... my daily driver has a "two point oh" or "two liter." i've never personally heard anyone refer to it as a "two point zero."

my profession is five oh...

and i have a "five point oh" maybe i'll start calling it a "five point zero" since it's a number and not a letter, lol. then everyone would be like wtf man.

most people here don't seem to take too kindly to my daily or profession.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts