Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with CS and she said that they received a notice on Tuesday that the 5.0's are being held for a "final inspection". She had no info on what that exactly was, or when they would be released.

·
Registered
330 Posts
yeah I heard that a week ago. If they are being held for a "final" inspection, then how come others have already recieved theirs? doesn't make sense. I think they're handing you a mouthful of crap. sorry.......

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got this as well in an e-mail. "Final Inspection" sounds promising but too vague to get my hopes up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
theres a hold out on all the 5.0's-:fuming:-- hold is until June 20th so kick back and drink alot of cold drinks and take your meds :meds:so theres no more of this :banghead:

so now my eta is sometime after June 20th yay!

·
Registered
927 Posts
So, as upsetting as this is to many of us, if in fact there is a hold because of a possible problem or adjustment, I would rather they fix any issues before it ends up in my garage.

I don’t think we feel like spending our time in the dealership for repairs on a brand new car...

I have a great running Stang now, I really don’t want to regret trading it in.. I will wait until they get it right..

And oh by the way, if the car comes in and people are reporting problems, I will refuse delivery and someone else can deal with the headaches.

Sorry guys, just venting...I want to enjoy this and right now Im not..too many different stories, not sure what to beleive anymore..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just to Add

Not that this is helpful, but I was given similar information today. My car was built 5/20 and has been in "Produced" status for two weeks now. I called Auto Alliance Inc. and a man there indicated, as we've been hearing, that there was a "quality hold" on my car. He did say that he didn't think it would take until 6/20 for my car to be released. He said that he thought that middle to late next week was a better estimate. Maybe 6/20 is the deadline to get them all released. :(:(:(

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can understand the delay if there really is a problem with the 5.0 and they are trying to correct it. what I don't understand is why a few that ordered are getting their cars and there are a lot of 5.0's being delivered into dealer stock. shouldn't they be held too!!:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have a great running Stang now, I really don’t want to regret trading it in.. I will wait until they get it right..

Amen!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I Asked

I can understand the delay if there really is a problem with the 5.0 and they are trying to correct it. what I don't understand is why a few that ordered are getting their cars and there are a lot of 5.0's being delivered into dealer stock. shouldn't they be held too!!:headscratch:
Well I asked the guy at AAI about that. I mentioned that at least a couple of cars that were built at approximately the same time as mine were already either in transit or delivered. I asked whether there was a specifically identified problem or whether they were just randomly selecting cars for quality inspections. While he wouldn't get specific, he said that not all 5.0s are being held and that whether it was under quality hold depended on what features one had.

Mine is a black/saddle GT premium with 3.73 and the Brembo package with spoiler delete. Don't have the time, nor probably the mental acuity, to poll everyone here about what options they ordered and then mine that data in hopes of discerning a trend.

I suspect that the 1st build cars (all the ones that have been sitting on ramp 51 since April) all had some problem that was corrected on the line somtime in early-to-mid May. I think the cars that were produced after about May 10-15 are being released or not released based on an issue with a specific feature or features that is not necessarily related to the problem that was holding up all the cars produced in April. This is, of course, rampant speculation; a WAG.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey, I'm just piecing together a lot of rumors that I have read about to form a possibility.

I've read that *maybe* the 5.0's that are being shipped are going to states with CA Emissions. I'm not sure if that's correct or not.

I've read that some of them needed a chip.

I've read that the Volcano ash delayed shipment.

So maybe the 5.0's that don't have CA Emissions were the ones that needed this chip.

And now that they have the chips have arrived they can put them in 5.0's that are being built now so those cars are able to be shipped.

Or second explanation "Ol' Johnny on Line #37 but the boogle-farber in backwards on all of the 5.0's that he built."

·
Registered
3 Posts
My final inspection

I ordered mine in Late January (1st day you could order). It got built 2or 3 weeks (depends on who you talk to) ago. Been on hold ever since. Mine is a GT Premium Manual. The only one I have actually seen was an Automatic. Someone at Ford should give us a realistic update don't you think??? My ETA date is 5/29/2010 and is still listed that way????

·
Registered
277 Posts
I suspect that the 1st build cars (all the ones that have been sitting on ramp 51 since April) all had some problem that was corrected on the line somtime in early-to-mid May. I think the cars that were produced after about May 10-15 are being released or not released based on an issue with a specific feature or features that is not necessarily related to the problem that was holding up all the cars produced in April. This is, of course, rampant speculation; a WAG.
I believe that you've got it figured out. now if Ford would just say what the problem is!......guess that they figure that if they actually name the specific problem that customers will show back up at the dealers wanting it fixed again under warranty whether it needs fixed or not....you know everything in corporate America is about $money$...making it or worrying about how it could be lost:nervous

·
Registered
112 Posts
One of my local dealers has in stock a 5.0 almost what I ordered. Except Nav and Glass Roof.

Ordered 4/23-built 5/18-EtA 05/30-06/06

Last I heard (and that was over a week ago) at Ramp 51.

So as we all are I am confused as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.