Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok today i was cruising around after goin to the beach to see if i can find any trouble. well i found it shortly after in the form of an 05 sliver GT. sweet car, tint and chrome 18" bullits. so i get beside him in the left hand turn lane, and when the light turns green, we turn and when we straighten out, we both punch it. as you would expect he pulled on me but not at a rapid rate. so we got the next red light and the driver signals ahead, and we go on green. im thinking before it starts that im goin to get blown out of the water, but to my suprise when the light turned green, we go and i have maybe a hood length on him, all the way to the top of third when he was creeping up. i let off a little after getting into fourth (red light coming up and my brakes arent as good as his) and he passed me. this was a short race probably only to like 70 or something and it wasnt a whole block from signal to signal. im guessing around 1/8 mile but i cant say for sure. but i know for sure that even if i didnt let off he would have passed me, had we been able to go further. im happy with my 5.0 though and it made my christmas that much better.
oh yea the GT was an auto.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
For most stoplight to stoplight situations, a 5.0 will do nicely. Good job representin' for the fox. Can't let those '05s forget their roots...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Tc

His traction control could have hurt him too if he didn't know to turn it off. Good job though. Those 5.0s had/have guts.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
meangreen92 said:
For most stoplight to stoplight situations, a 5.0 will do nicely. Good job representin' for the fox. Can't let those '05s forget their roots...
Don't know about you, but I'll never for get my roots.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pushrod power!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
They made mustangs in the 90's? :dunce:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pushrods 4eva yo!

Hah -- good goin -- I'll never go modular -- even if they are a better bang for the buck -- you still can't make a big inch (521 CID) modular for under 4 gs :), a pushrod motor however.... yeah.. exactly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fox Fan Forever!!! I love my '06 Vert but consider it more of a diva...looks great, has attitude and power but doesn't get down and dirty.

My 5.0...that's the warrior... simple and effective from the "old school" and has no problem showing the young bucks on the streets that the old man can still whoop up on ya. Plus in '92 I don't remember anything (short of exotics and other 5.0s) on the streets that could threaten me, whereas now I've got to check my six, for Hemis, GTOs, etc.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Right on for representing the fox's.:thumbsup

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not bad for a car that probably cost 1/5 what he paid for his.... Take that 1 car length lead out of his bank account every month for the next five years, huh?

·
Banned
847 Posts
I love the 05's but they don't give me that feeling of pure power that my 5.0 gives off. Also you get more looks from a nice fox then the 05's now. We're a dying breed, respected for where we came from.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
tormenting5.0 said:
I love the 05's but they don't give me that feeling of pure power that my 5.0 gives off. Also you get more looks from a nice fox then the 05's now. We're a dying breed, respected for where we came from.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
well, Ford will hopefully start putting non S/C'd 5.4's in some Mustangs.......

That should give everyone something to love!:thumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.