Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends dad has a crossfire, and he drives it to school every once in awhile. He always talks about how hes smoked ricers in it so i told him i wanted to race him and he said ok. Hasn't happened yet but i wanted to get some opinions on it. I think it'll probably be pretty evenly matched, but his is a manual and mines and auto. His is stock, my car has the mods below and ill probably get MAC equal headers for my birthday on the 14th. Please post your thoughts and opinions. Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would say easy kill till I seen you had a Auto. To even wake that auto up you need gears and then he can see your tail lights instead of you looking at his. The way things are now he would win and 3.55s would not help you enough to get that torque up you really need 3.73 or the AOD rocket pack 4.10s.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tough to say, I was keeping pace with one on the highway last weekend. They're sure jumpy. Like a caffeinated rabbit. I don't think my V6 could have given him a challenge if the game was on, but I would have liked to give it a try. Neat looking car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree... your going to need some steeper gears like some 4.10's in that baby to really get that AOD pulling. I have a 92 5.0 with 3.55 Gears, it pulls unbelieveably hard, but i have a T-5 Manual. My car came stock with 2.73's, i hate to say this, but Cavaliers could keep up to me when i had those stock 2.73's in there. As soon as i dropped in some 3.55's it was night and day. As a matter of fact, i just beat a heavily modded 98 2.4L DOHC Cavalier today by way over 6-7 car lengths, and this is a 92 5.0 Mostly stock with 188, 000KM's on it, and my clutch is worn out. I also raced a 88 Toyota Supra I6, also moded pretty good, and beat him by a good car length and still pulling away at 90MPH

The motor runs like new, 5.0's rule, and i have beat on it hard!:worship

And besides, Chevys suck.... i dont care what anybody sais.... FORD POWER ALL THE WAY:thumbsup

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Redeemer said:
Tough to say, I was keeping pace with one on the highway last weekend. They're sure jumpy. Like a caffeinated rabbit. I don't think my V6 could have given him a challenge if the game was on, but I would have liked to give it a try. Neat looking car.
I've already beaten one twice.

As long as it's not an SRT, I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so just got back from the track and i ran a 15.6 in the quarter. im thinking i need to get some 3.73's before i can take my friend now. Thanks everyone for ur advice.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
redhot87 said:
ok so just got back from the track and i ran a 15.6 in the quarter. im thinking i need to get some 3.73's before i can take my friend now. Thanks everyone for ur advice.
have you had a dynotune?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kscoyote said:
have you had a dynotune?
Nope... I dont know any place around where i live that does them.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
redhot87 said:
Nope... I dont know any place around where i live that does them.
Are you kidding?

There's all kinds of place in OC!

Try Yahoo customs and look up installers . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.