Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new calibration update (TSB 11-3-32) to cure various issues with manual and automatic transmission model 5.0L 2011 Mustangs.
I have experienced most of these symptoms and am hoping this update will cure them.
Check with your dealer if your car was built on or before 8/16/2010

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
This is a new calibration update (TSB 11-3-32) to cure various issues with manual and automatic transmission model 5.0L 2011 Mustangs.
I have experienced most of these symptoms and am hoping this update will cure them.
Check with your dealer if your car was built on or before 8/16/2010
When was this released?

·
Registered
549 Posts
When was this released?
I think it was released March 29 or so, so it's not really new. I had mine calibrated about two months ago; haven't noticed much difference, just that I don't get the 'sticky starter' issue anymore (where the car takes a long time before turning over).

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
should people with early build cars who don't have these symptoms still get this update? will it affect anything else? peak hp/tq?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don't have any of the starter issues mentioned, but I do notice my idle bouncing around more than I feel like it should at times. i was planning on getting an aftermarket tune anyway, that would change it anyway right?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I also have the rough start and bouncing idle about once a week. Will check this out thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
What does it mean by rough starting? My car has done this about a dozen times in 10 months: I turn the key and the starter just engages and turns but the car does not crank, I have to turn off the ignition and then it will start like normal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My car has exhibited the not starting on the first try, or second for that matter. I however have a Brenspeed tune, so I am guessing I would have to reflash it back to stock, and then have this done?

·
Registered
549 Posts
My car has exhibited the not starting on the first try, or second for that matter. I however have a Brenspeed tune, so I am guessing I would have to reflash it back to stock, and then have this done?
I flashed back to stock before getting the calibration done. However, be aware that when the dealership does the calibration, your PCM strategy will change. You will have to have new tunes written based on the new strategy; your old ones won't work. This took a couple days for me because Bama and SCT did not have the new strategy yet.

I haven't had any 'sticky starter' issues since the calibration.

·
Registered
36 Posts
so those of us whose cars were built prior to 8/2010 and have after market tune should do the following?:

Notify tune company of pending pcm calibration
get updated tunes for new strategy
put car back to stock intake and pcm program
take car in for calibration
put after market intake and new aftermarket tune back onto car?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Has anyone updated their calibration, did it resolve anything?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had my local dealer make this change and it seemed to help a little... Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Anyone with an aftermarket tune get this done, do you know what your strategy code changed to? I'm wanting to have this done while on vacation, but need to know what my strategy will change to so I can have the new tune ready when I return. I know the original tune strategy was overwritten once while it was at the factory, code changed from ***5 to ***6, this was written on the PCM with black permanent marker before it shipped from Flat Rock. Any help would be appreciated, just wanting to know if the new strategy will follow a pattern. I am wanting to get the updated strategy, have a new tune written by BAMA, and then do some datalogging verify all is good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the starter issue occasionally, but since I have Lund's tune (and Offroad H-Pipe, which would thrown a CEL), I'm not getting the TSB done.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts