1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Yep this has been on the net for a while and they already confirmed it to be on Ford trucks first then on Mustang later + the V6 version has Twin turbo and will make almost 350 hp :happyhapp

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was about to make a new thread about this, but you already have this one up....I just have one question..

Will these new Coyote 5.0's and Ecoboost 3.5's(mainly the 5.0;) ) fit directly into the 05-09 engine bay?(motor mounts, size, bolt up to trans, etc)

I know this is a hard, if not impossible question to answer, given that we do not know the specs of the 5.0...But do y'all think that they would be easily(well, as easy as a engine swap goes anyway...) compatible with the 05-09's without major fabrication?

I dunno, after I read that it's pushing 400hp/tq....It got me thinking....IMO, I have the sexiest car in the world, to me, and I want to keep it forever. So when the 4.6L goes(hopefully not for a long long long time); I can then swap in a much more powerful engine to preserve my amazing car well into the future....probably need a new tranny by this time...speaking of transmissions...Can our current T3650's handle this kind of power? While maintaining reliability?

lol, sorry...its late... I was just wondering what y'alls thoughts on this was, and if an engine swap(after mine is dead) would be possible without spending a arm and a leg too fab up the engine bay....engine mounts, cutting, sawing, etc.

Thanks guys, and thank you ford, y'all exceeded my expectations yet again:bigthumbsup sorry to get off topic...I was just curious b/c that would be amazing; and would put my mind at extreme ease knowing that if my motor ever goes...I can replace it with a much more powerful and probably cheaper engine(after they have been out for a while) .....wow...I digress...

Edit: Just thought about this.....the 3.5L V6 twin turbo engine produces 350hp....that is amazing....But do you think that there will be room for that much more power(say 400hp+)? Not dogging the engine one bit, it just seems like ford's squeezing out every single pony they can to hit 350hp...I know, upgraded turbos, forged internals, etc etc....just wondering how much you could get out of a 3.5L block safely....I dunno, just thinking out loud, thanks again

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Will these new Coyote 5.0's and Ecoboost 3.5's(mainly the 5.0;) ) fit directly into the 05-09 engine bay?(motor mounts, size, bolt up to trans, etc)
No way to know for sure until someone tries it. However, from what I've read the Coyote is a rehash of the modular 4.6 with larger displacement and 4V heads. (the 6.2 liter Boss/Hurricane was the new engine we're probably not going to see in a production Mustang) If that is the case there's a good chance it'll bolt in. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Edit: Just thought about this.....the 3.5L V6 twin turbo engine produces 350hp....that is amazing....But do you think that there will be room for that much more power(say 400hp+)? Not dogging the engine one bit, it just seems like ford's squeezing out every single pony they can to hit 350hp...I know, upgraded turbos, forged internals, etc etc....just wondering how much you could get out of a 3.5L block safely....I dunno, just thinking out loud, thanks again

Import folks have been doing this for years. I see nothing wrong with Ford taking this approach, AND putting in a larger displacement for the torque lovers out there!

WE win on this, rest assured.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.