Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of moding my 1993 mustang cobra. I started completely
stock running 14.3's. I then added drag radials - dropped it down to 13.9's.
Then 3.73's and exhaust - finally down to 13.41. I recently added underdrive
pulleys and cold air intake - now im up to 13.77. I also believe that my car is running lean due to spark knock and no exhaust sut in my tailpipes. I have already tried monitoring my pids - but i can't get through to them with the eecV system. what are my next options and why is my car running slower with these extra performance mods?
thanks
brandon

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
did you get underdrive pulleys for a regular 5.0? because cobras came with underdrive pulleys stock from the factory. with eec IV vehicles i dont think you can monitor pids on all vehicles, just some of them, unless you have the wrong card program. if this were my car, i would put the stock pulleys back on and get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. just bump it up a few pounds to like 42 or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate all the info...i was leading toward an adjustable fuel regulator myself after a few more of my buddies recommended it to me...but believe it or not...i found out just yesterday evening why my car was having performance problems...someone asked me when was the last time i changed my fuel filter...i have never...we checked it yesterday and it still had the original fuel filter on it...when we took it off...i was clogged pretty bad...i mean real bad...after putting that thing on i immediately noticed a big difference in performance...my tailpipes are now getting quite a bit of color in them...as far as the underdrive pulleys go...i know the cobra had underdrives due to a different belt size...but i don't think those underdrives are as good as the aftermarket ones...but who knows...that could be one thing to try out...exhange them back out and see what my times are...anyway...thanks for everything...i may still get and adjustable fuel regulator...lata hoss!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I appreciate all the info...i was leading toward an adjustable fuel regulator myself after a few more of my buddies recommended it to me...but believe it or not...i found out just yesterday evening why my car was having performance problems...someone asked me when was the last time i changed my fuel filter...i have never...we checked it yesterday and it still had the original fuel filter on it...when we took it off...i was clogged pretty bad...i mean real bad...after putting that thing on i immediately noticed a big difference in performance...my tailpipes are now getting quite a bit of color in them...as far as the underdrive pulleys go...i know the cobra had underdrives due to a different belt size...but i don't think those underdrives are as good as the aftermarket ones...but who knows...that could be one thing to try out...exhange them back out and see what my times are...anyway...thanks for everything...i may still get and adjustable fuel regulator...lata hoss!

Just wondering if you have had the chance to run your car again to see if it ran any better when the filter was replaced? Tom H.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.