Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking... instead of buying a cobra at some point down the road(10+years), I could probably buy the 5.4L V8 that Shelby is dropping in the GT500 with the supercharger.

Do you guys think that I will be able to buy the GT500 engine and drop it in my '05? Good idea, bad idea?

This is of course after my current engine dies(if it ever dies). I figured it would be cheaper than buying a whole new cobra.

·
Registered
626 Posts
im sure you'll be able to buy it.. but in 10 years or so, god only knows what they'll have available. 10 years ago in 95, the stang was putting out what? 225 hp? Cobra was around 305?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Plus, you will want all the extra Cobra upgrades if you have a high HP motor...such as brakes, suspension, tires/wheels, seats, etc. The Cobras isn't just the engine!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I can't just upgrade the engine...I plan on doing wheels, suspension, and all the other little goodies, not to be a cobra knock-off, but to handle the xtra power.

Just asking if doing an engine upgrade as opposed to putting in a new 4.6L would be worth it. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts