Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 5.8 from a truck I wanted to swap, I have a 347 stroker in the car, but I killed it, and now I need to pull it out and rebuild, I was curious, I did the MAF conversion with a 89 ecm, can I just put in the 351 with the stock upper lower intake and plug in the TPS, IAC and use the 5.0 wiring harness for the injectors on the 351? I mean, it should all just plug in right? Ther are only a few differences in design from 5.0 to 5.8 fuel injected motors? On the intake there should be the same sensors and vacum lines as a 5.0 since the computers require all the same sensors and the fuel injection is the same? The Mass Air ECM should work with any size engine right? I know this is an easy conversion, but I was just curious. Also, I heard from a friend who says that a few aftermarket upper 5.0 intakes will fit onto a stock 351 lower intake, is this true, Because I was told that the truck stock upper intake is very large and flows very well as is, and ported can support up to 350hp? any help would be greatly apreciated!:rolleyes: Oh, and ignore my sig, I did a 347 swap and blew it in only a few weeks, now i can barely afford this 351 swap, so I can kiss the 331 goodbye!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Yes the current set up will run it . The lower intake is different on a 351 . If it has the explorer intake then it's a good one . The oil pan will have to be changed as well as the headers for the 351 .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.