Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just recently purchase a 88 5.0. I am currently deployed in iraq so when i get back i want to do some mods. I need help on what i should do about my wheels! Should i convert to a 5 lug so i can buy better looking rims? Or should i find so nice 4 lug rims? If so can somebody tell me a good place with a varitey of 4 lug rims that will fit. Or a good conversion kit

Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
You should be able to find four lug wheels on most mustang sites even ebay. As far as the five lug, yea there are alot more options, but if your willing to spend the extra money on the conversion go for it. 50resto.com makes a complete conversion for about $399.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 lug kit

yea i have seen that web site before, have you used that exact 5 lug conversion kit? or do u know anybody that has? what all would i have to do to make it work for my car? do u think the billet rims would fit if i went with that 5 lug kit? hey man if you dont mind would you email them or call them for me and ask what fits with that kit. i am in iraq and my emails wont go threw or there just not answering them, and i cant call either, so i would appreciate it, i am trying to figure out what i am gonna do with my car so when i get back i can start getting everything done estantly!!!!! cause i should be loaded.

-thanks douglas

·
Registered
18 Posts
I havn't used the kit myself or know of anyone that has. I was thinking about getting it but decided to stay with 4 lug. As far as the kit goes it is a complete kit and comes with everything needed to convert to 5 lug, all you have to do is install it and put the wheels on. Im pretty sure that the bullit wheels will fit and you shouldnt have a problem. What year and body is it and what size wheels do you plan on going with? I will try and give them a call and get all the exact information.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
douglasbias said:
yea i have seen that web site before, have you used that exact 5 lug conversion kit? or do u know anybody that has? what all would i have to do to make it work for my car? do u think the billet rims would fit if i went with that 5 lug kit? hey man if you dont mind would you email them or call them for me and ask what fits with that kit. i am in iraq and my emails wont go threw or there just not answering them, and i cant call either, so i would appreciate it, i am trying to figure out what i am gonna do with my car so when i get back i can start getting everything done estantly!!!!! cause i should be loaded.

-thanks douglas
Most kits use the cheapie 5 lug Lincoln rotors up front and that pretty much limits your choice of wheels. The best mod you can make on your car is the SN95 5 lug Conversion, not only will you have a wide choice of wheels but your car will have dramatic stopping ability. I love my Cobra brakes on my Mustang!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 lug kit

hey, i dont exactly know what size tires i or want rims? what size rim is the bullet rim? I will tell you the look i am going for. I want my back tires about as wide as i can get them with out them scrapping my fender walls and i want my fronts not as wide but not like those really skinny ones on dragsters. my car is the 88 notchback. yea i would appreciate if you could find out about that kit if the bulllet rims would work and i so theres nothing else that i would have to buy like new brake rotars?

·
Registered
58 Posts
if u got more money u can get a cobra rear brake kit....converts it to 5 lug with 13" rotors up front and 11.5" in the back...costs around 2100 though

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 50resto kit is a just a basic kit i was suggesting because i didnt know how much you wanted to spend and it is a pretty cheap kit. Of course there are better kits, but it all depends on how much your willing to spend. Some of the better kits are Baer Breaks kit, Stainless Steel Brakes Corporations (SSBC) kit, and the cobra kit. The better kits will run you anywhere from $1500 to $2200 all depending on how much you wanna spend.

·
Registered
37 Posts
use the mark 7 front end because they are cheap

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys well looks like i might just stay at the four lugs, does anybody know a good website with a selection of four lugs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.